WBB vs Wake (ACCT) Game Thread (Wed 1pm)

2 Likes

Gonna have this one playing on the second computer while I’m in meetings this afternoon.

2 Likes

We beat Wake, at home, by 20 back in early November. Thought that’s probably not remotely relevant by now. The two computer forecasts I could found both favored us by 2 points, but the computers don’t know about our injuries. Expect a dogfight.

We’re currently 15-14. Presumably we’ll lose 2 more (one in the ACCT, one in the WNIT) so it’s important (reputationally anyway) that we win 1 more (to end at .500) or 2 more (to end with a winning season). On that basis, this game is pretty big.

3 Likes

There’s a cute vid in this tweet with Mox’s kid but I guess you gotta click through to get to it.

2 Likes

I don’t see Vaughn in this so I guess we’ve got 7 players (plus 2 guys on crutches).

(Shut up bot yes I’m posting again.)

4 Likes

7 players going into a 5 day tournament… that’s insane

4 Likes

I don’t think we’ll be playing for 5 days lol. One win would be great. Two would be incredible. After that we’ll have to petition for wheelchair basketball.

2 Likes

It spreads … now the women are doing proper highlights:

3 Likes

Haha true, I’m just saying in theory that’s the goal.

2 Likes

This is Fing awesome. I am ready to compete now

2 Likes

You guys ever get that kinda show when exiting the hotel? I like how Valladay shakes her head and smiles like “This ridiculous”

2 Likes

I think we did at times. Just too focused to pay attention…
Bart Johnson Focus GIF by Cameo

I do remember in Meadowlands at sweet 16 tons of fans cheering us to the bus. Unclear if pep band was there

3 Likes

Well maybe the band distracted the team or they are taking note from the men with a 5min scoring drought to start things out.

2 Likes

We are going to end the first quarter with 4 points.

1 Like

How many the other team have?

Pauley just flings threes up no matter if she is blanketed/wide open/wrong footed… it’s wild.

3 Likes

Shooters gonna shoot.
gilbert arenas dance GIF by SB Nation

1 Like

TOs 7 and points 8 almost identical through the first… that’s not good

1 Like

Could hardly have started worse. 3-14 with 7 turnovers? PPP is <0.5.

Good news… no one’s in foul trouble yet. Which almost never happens.

3 Likes