WBB vs Wake (ACCT) Game Thread (Wed 1pm)

Not QUITE dead yet…

2 Likes

:frowning: ake missing bunnies, but getting the O-rebounds. :frowning:

1 Like

This is unbelievable! We’re not just still scrapping, we’re getting back in this.

4 Likes

Now… that was the widest Euro-step I’ve ever seen from ANYONE. LOL!

1 Like

Those two runs add up to 37-1. The rest of the game we lead 54-24.

3 Likes

That’s a crazy stat

2 Likes

Not watching the game, but watching the thread a bit, and I think the rubber-band effect might be a thing (though not always)

2 Likes

That one late possession, down 5, where we had 3 great looks and missed them all…

2 Likes

Yea the lack of a reliable half court set on offense was so evident in the final 2 mins

1 Like

Down 5 with the ball:

• Miss the jumper
  • Offensive board
  • Miss the jumper
  • Offensive board
  • Miss the 3
  • Offensive board
  • Miss the layup

Argh.

3 Likes

NOW its over, but they scrapped to the end.

2 Likes

If we had somehow won, imagine rolling out our 7 exhausted players for an 11am game tomorrow…

It was another impressive effort without a win. (Describes so many games this year.) Now we wait to see if we get a WNIT game.

2 Likes

WBB program is in good hands. We didn’t have a ton of depth in the first place so dealing with the amount of injuries we did completely and understandably derailed the season. Probably a top seeded NIT team/bubble NCAAT tourney team otherwise, which is remarkable given where we were under TT.

4 Likes

I got nothing buy joy when it comes to this program. To come from dead in the water for the last 2 years to being as dangerous of a team as you’ll find in the ACC is something to be proud of. I’m sure they’ll get a shot in the NIT and that will be a great experience for everyone, but at this point I’m excited for everyone to get some rest and start the build for next season. We got something special in Coach Mox and she’s going to build this thing right.

5 Likes

Little Bit Size GIF by Travis

Edit: Love you Haney

4 Likes

Well, Wake went on to beat FSU today. I didn’t watch the game, but I see that Wake scored 2 points in the second quarter, and 29 in the third. That is one streaky team.

4 Likes

Kymora Johnson leading STAB to the state title game again. She’s going to be a monster as a Hoo.

4 Likes