Who's staying and Who's Going

no doubt. all valid points. especially for football i think

1 Like

I wonder what the real story here is. Matthew Hurt get cold feet at the portal entry?

6 Likes

Maybe his family didnā€™t get the house they wanted.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s what I was thinking

That leaves Mark Williams in the post. Thoughts?

Duke will play a lot of smallish lineups either way. If Hurt stays, he might get some center minutes. Jalen Johnson is the interesting piece to me. I think he has to defend the 4 in college. I canā€™t see him chasing around Tomas Woldetensae for 30 seconds at a time. lol Iā€™m not a huge believer in Johnson. Heā€™s super talented, will get his stats, probably be a good pro down the line. But he was a team killer at times in AAU. Heā€™s ball dominant, doesnā€™t shoot well from 3, and can be a turnover machine.

4 Likes
3 Likes

This sounds a bit sleazy. Can you go after a guy that has already committed to another school?
@HoozGotNext

1 Like

Welcome to the world of recruiting. To borrow a phrase from one of my favorite movies ā€œHappens all the Timeā€ ā€¦ - which also includes the line that describes a lot of the people in the business: ā€œTheyā€™re slippery little suckers, arenā€™t they?ā€ LOL

off topic anyone else hear that Huff filed paper work for NBA draft?

1 Like

Yeah, sounds like he just wants feedback and to see what type of market there is

3 Likes

Yup saw that as well. I assume he just wants the feedback like @brogdonfanpage mentioned. Iā€™d be curious to see what a draft profile for him would look like at his current status.

3 Likes

makes sense. why wouldnt someone like him get better by doing that

4 Likes

I believe heā€™s gonna be a good NBA player. He needs to get stronger especially his core and lower body.

No doubt itā€™s totally worth it given the new rules. See where you stand and know exactly what you need to work on.

Yeah. In football, flips are common. Recruits keep taking visits after they commit. Itā€™s crazy lol Basketball is more civilized, sort of. Still happens, just in a quieter way. The straight flips like Tape is making are rare. Thereā€™s usually some distancing first, pretending that theyā€™ve reopened to everyone.

2 Likes

Workouts for teams on zoom? Maybe things will get better but I donā€™t see the point this year.

2 Likes
4 Likes

Does he have an offer? I know we are in with Trey Wertz as well, and as far as I know we only have one scholarship for next year.

I think theyā€™re lukewarmly recruiting all these guys. The brand gets UVA on final lists but theyā€™ll have to crank it up soon to actually land a new player. Michael is probably going to NC State regardless. Iā€™m speaking more about Wertz and Murphy.

3 Likes