Winter Recruiting Thread

Lol yes, and anything he says should be taken with a grain of salt

2 Likes

Kon is Hauser. Also, what Mike Curtis will do for him!

2 Likes

Fresh is on the Bliss train now

10 Likes

Hooz, just want to clarify… you refer to Bliss as a point guard. Have seen the various outlets call him PG, CG, and SG in seemingly equal measure. Any feel for how our staff sees him positionally?

O called him a PG when I met them…

3 Likes

46 posts were split to a new topic: Old Farts - Reminiscing on the Past

He’s being recruited as a PG. What little I’ve watched, I’d label him PG for sure. I think it’ll be interesting to see how he plays in AAU though. He’s so ball dominant in HS, will be different along with obviously better comp.

8 Likes

For HGN or @Hooandtrue, is Bliss’s league – Friends School League – any good? I recognize Friends Central for obvious reasons, but that’s about it. I mean, “he’s dominating the Quaker league” doesn’t exactly roll off the tongue as a high level compliment. Lol! (which of course doesn’t mean he’s not awesome – just means what HGN already said – let’s watch some AAU)

(to be fair, Westtown, too – Lively’s school)

It’s about on par with the type of schedule STAB or Blue Ridge plays. They played a few big time schools too, Link Academy Blair Academy. Most games there’s a D1 player or 2 out there, sometimes a handful. Westtown most years is head and shoulders above the rest of the league.

4 Likes

The high school I went to growing up used to play Westtown every year when they were not anything special, so it’s kinda funny seeing them have this national power rep now.

3 Likes

Similar thing happened to my prep school. Went from having the best players in the league being Patriot League/Ivy/NESCAC types to most teams having multiple LM/MM/HM prospects on the rosters.

2 Likes
13 Likes

Abraham, Caleb Williams, and Stevenson definitely have a group chat egging each other on to visit again before committing elsewhere

16 Likes

Because of course he did. Why wouldn’t he visit a school he’ll never go to for the 8th time?

2 Likes

Man you ever have the post game BBQ and or Chipolte in the locker room? Shit I make a plate every time!

2 Likes

If I were these kids and loved basketball, I’d be eating up invites to see big games like a VIP.

6 Likes

Not blaming them, just not excited about it either

1 Like

I assume when kids visit the guys on the team are mostly excited to meet them because maybe this will be a new teammate in a year or two, or perhaps someone to carry the banner after you’re gone.

But aren’t some of these kids on unofficial visit 5 or 6 (or more?) at this point. Do the players eventually just kinda say “You AGAIN? You’re here more than some season ticket holders.”

1 Like

Some of that for sure but most unofficial interaction is with assistant coaches and not so much with players

I think Kendrick Warren lived part time in our lockerroom one year while he was in HS. Dude legit felt like part of the team ha

4 Likes

what made him decide UNC Fresh? cash? playing time? or do you think he was playing UVa the entire time?