Winter Recruiting Thread

Freitag had 41 points as well. These kids are putting up crazy numbers.

9 Likes

Should be an easy sell vs Purdue if we can get him on grounds in the spring. Do you want to go to class with all these ladies in sundresses or a bunch of dudes in sweats?

3 Likes

The thing with Travis Perry is I went to rupp rafters and found the Travis Perry thread amongst the ā€œscrew calipariā€ threads and they make the same conclusions I have: Travis Perry is a walking bucket but not sure if heā€™s a point guard at the college level.

Both Freitag and Perrry are really really good combo guards in my eyes. But not point guards.

2 Likes

Yea Perry is gonna have to change his game some depending where he goes. He could actually be good at Cuse is B decides to like him

3 Likes

https://www.kentucky.com/sports/high-school/article270914232.html

The video at the beginning is a 90 second highlight

I think if you can somehow get Bliss in 2023 (dont know if itā€™s already over with the Villanova offer) and then get Freitag in 2024 thatā€™s the money spot. You have a gamer/hooper pg and you have freitag as that secondary ball handler but primary bucket getter who also brings the super long arms and athleticism to be a defensive lockdowner.

Sheppard (until he comes here) is the one recruit I wished we had. Heā€™s is the perfect lead guard for Tony. :pensive:

1 Like

Wonder if he could keep his confidence up when a more seasoned IMac is lighting him up in practice and pick up at Virginiaā€¦

4 Likes

Yeah the kentucky fans who went to the game were impressed with Sheppardā€™s evolution of his facilitating. Heā€™s a legit point guard now. Whereas travis perry, who is listed as a point guard, isnā€™t really that but is actually the better 3pt shooter and bucket getter than Sheppard.

3 Likes

I think Perry makes sense at Syracuse. Sheppard makes sense here. Neither makes sense at UK.

7 Likes

yup

3 Likes

But also Perry would be playing with IMac, Gertrude, and Dante Harris. Presumably one of those guys allows for it all to work.

2 Likes

This is really what it comes down to.

From some other recent Freitag games

1 Like

Dude even hoops in his football uniform?

7 Likes

Kadin needs one of those helmets

15 Likes

I donā€™t know. Feels like Billy Donovan or Jay Wright or whoever would use them wellā€¦ (j/k, I think)

We missed on our PG last year but i didnā€™t want him either . Gabe Cupps is balling out this year . I was wrong big time about him

2 Likes
2 Likes

I think so too. When Rick Pitino said his AAU team ran the best offense he had seen it got my attention