Women's Basketball In-Season Thread

Don’t forget, the women’s team kicks things off today at 5:00pm against George Washington on ACCNX. It’s a great night of UVA hoops all around.

7 Likes
6 Likes

A coach Hamilton article.

Amaka Agugua-Hamilton and Felisha Legette-Jack have a bond reconnected in the ACC (andscape.com)

4 Likes

Curious/excited/nervous about the season. Obviously a lot of great off-season/recruiting buzz so far, but there’s a reason we had to make a coaching change. Don’t want to expect too much from a one-year turnaround.

5 Likes

It’s national title or bust! Get on board!

But seriously, I just hope to see them grow over the course of the season and see Coach Mox get her system in place. If we somehow got ourselves to a winning record, that’d be amazing, but I won’t be bummed by really any outcome as long as the team seems to be buying in.

7 Likes

I’m expecting too much out of a one year turnaround. Hey, preseason is the time for inflated expectations.

Two minutes to basketball season!

1 Like

Mox’s team scored their first bucket only 4 seconds into the season. The bar has been set, Tony.

8 Likes

I like the general look of the team so far, but the turnovers are completely undermining things. A number of them aren’t from trying to push it or anything either - just some sloppy ball handling and passes from a few players.

1 Like

If this team makes the NIT this year that would be a HUMONGOUS turnaround. They havent won an acc game in two years and won like what, 3 games last year?

3 Likes

The 1st years are gonna make some mistakes but I like what I’ve seen from them so far.

3 Likes

I thought we won one last year

2 Likes

Can tell Sam Brunelle isn’t fully comfortable out there yet, but hopefully seeing her first shot go down helps, even if it was a bit of a wild shot.

I generally like what I’m seeing, but TOs and rebounding are the stand out problems. Also a lack of any real rim protection.

1 Like

Hanging tough - down 4 at the half.

2 Likes

After a nice third quarter, UVA up 4 going into the fourth.

2 Likes

Hell yeah, pulling away now. 67-54 UVA with 7 minutes left in the 4th.

2 Likes

74-57 HOOS with 4:18 left. Kaydan Lawson has caught fire in the 4th.

6 Likes

Final score UVA 85, GW 59. For reference, this is a team we beat 62-53 last year. Coach Mox is doing wonders already!

12 Likes

Awesome fourth quarter effort - outscored GW 31-9! And really the whole second half. They cleaned up the turnovers and started hitting everything.

6 Likes

Congratulations to Coach Mox on her first of hopefully many to come wins! Loved the effort and enthusiasm. Returning to our former glory is a reasonable expectation in the next couple of years. Team was light years better coached than anytime since Coach Ryan. I am bullish on Coach Mox - she has the pedigree and love for UVA we have needed for so long.

19 Likes

Wow love it. Nice win, especially appreciate the second half effort!

4 Likes