Women's Basketball In-Season Thread

I thought I’d heard that about Sam. Hope so. And I think I heard that about Dale too? But not sure, and I haven’t heard anything at all about the rest. Cam Taylor would be the most important one, but it’s also just about having enough bodies.

Seniors: Brunelle, Taylor, Dale, Clarkson, Valladay, Miller
Juniors: Lawson, Smith, McLean
Sophs:
Freshmen: Pauley, Vaughn
Incoming: McGhee, Johnson

As I look at that it’s also worth noting that we have zero frontcourt players outside of the upperclassmen. Mox has some roster balancing ahead of her.

2 Likes

That’s a big hole in the front court. Which shouldn’t be surprising considering the depth and size issues the team has had this year. But seeing it laid out I’d love to see Mox land a transfer big to get some balance in there. The ACC has played big the past few seasons and there are a few bigs graduating, but I’m guessing the Hoos are gonna need some size.

5 Likes

Sam said near the beginning of the season she planned on coming back next season but no idea if that remains the case.

3 Likes

Most important returner is a healthy McLean

6 Likes

Why isn’t Sam playing tonight?

Edit:. Saw that she is on crutches…

Women play at Pitt today at 2. Probably our best chance at another win this season (Pitt is 7-15)…

2 Likes

2 Likes

Yeesh, 22 points at halftime. We desperately need to get Sam back. Pitt is just denying the interior and daring us to shoot threes… and without Sam we have no one who’s good at that.

And yeah, I’m just talking to myself.

5 Likes

Yeah, REALLY bad shooting in the 1st half. Like 20%.

2 Likes

7 points in 30 seconds for Dale. Don’t see that often.

1 Like

Turrible call.

2 Likes

Mir and Sam both finished for the season. Miller has “stepped away from the team.” Down to 8 scholarship players. And still competing.

15 Likes

We need alot of post depth next year- need transfers.

3 Likes

Has Sam ever played a full season? Gutted for her.

6 Likes

This was a very good rebuilding season for a first year coach but a lot of work to do.

3 Likes

Gonna be difficult road next year. Basically a restart in what will be a staked league again

Lost our last 7 in a row, 10 of our last 11. Obviously things have kind of fallen off the rails after a great start with injuries/roster issues, but we’ve had second-half leads in several of these games.

#22 NC State today, then #9 Duke up next.

Coach will have to find a way to put a positive spin on things for the returners next year, because it’s going to be tough in conference again. Need some leadership from the guard position to settle things down when we have those late leads, imo— frenetic pace seems by design, but need a different gear when we are already in control of a game, not more variability.

3 Likes

With so few available bodies got to wonder if they slow down the pace?

I know everyone loses track of the schedule, so… we’re playing right now if you’re interested. ACCNX (or MASN if you’re in the blackout area). Currently leading NC State 10-7, late first quarter.

And Dragon we’re as frenetic and chaotic as ever lol

3 Likes

We’re up by 4 at the half. Compare to the last time we played State, when we were down 11 at the half on the way to a 25-point defeat. And since then we’ve lost 2 of our 3 best players! Really seeing a total team effort here.

2 Likes