⚽ World Cup 2026

Aaaand one more for the hat trick!

1 Like

The first DOGSO red was a no brainer… Red card all day. No one from either team complained.

The second VC red card could have gone either way, but I think what cemented it was the follow-on hit after the player passed.

The third red card could’ve gone either way depending on the personality of the referee. I could see it as a red card if he believed it was a deliberate stomp on his foot without playing the ball… so if I had given it, it would’ve been VC and not DOGSO like the announcers were saying. It would’ve been SPA and a yellow card if I didn’t think he stomped his foot without playing the ball.

2 Likes

I actually didn’t think the first one was a red. But that’s because I didn’t think it’s a foul. If it’s a foul it’s obv a red, but i didn’t think there was enough in it

I think he fouled him twice… first at the top and second with his feet. I haven’t seen a more definitive DOGSO since last week at a HS playoff game. The red carded player knew what he was doing running across the player laterally. All 4 DOGSO considerations were met.

Not a single player even reacted to the red card which in my experience, even stone cold red cards, someone complains.

The Big Lebowski Reaction GIF

2 Likes

Come on @BDragon… you know The Dude is watching the World Cup. What else does he have going on?

2 Likes

South Korea v. Czechia match last night was fantastic. First goal from South Korea was sublime.

4 Likes

That Canada first half is kinda the fear for our first two games. Control the ball but don’t create many scoring chances with it

1 Like

I got Bosnia in an office pool. I was all in on this World Cup thing for a hot minute there…

1 Like

milhouse GIF

Live look-in on every World Cup game

1 Like

We are going to win the World Cup.

6 Likes

season 9 GIF

2 Likes

Anyone having a hard time hearing the announcers over the loud crowd noise?

They changed the game to quarters. There is no game with quarters the US does not dominate.

11 Likes

Going to enjoy this one. Don’t come around like this often

Game 1 verdict: True

6 Likes

Well that was fun. Not sure why I was stressing Paraguay. We did bitch slap them in the first World Cup in 1930. Tillman proved he should start every damn game. Pulisic, McKennie, Jedi & Dest were legit and Balo was a badass. Now let’s boat race the Aussies

6 Likes

I’ve been following the USMNT since WC ‘90. This is the most impressive performance I’ve seen. The 2009 2-0 victory over Spain in the Confederations Cup is right up there especially considering the opposition (Spain was on 30+ consecutive wins against international competition), but since today’s game is a World Cup and the way we dominated in the 1st half … outstanding!

10 Likes

i agree… the first true test will be Türkiye I think. We will need to see how the team reacts to having to truly defend as they were wholly untested last night.

Unless the wheels fall off, Australia should be a win.

1 Like

All the games today have the potential to be totally lopsided… this may be a great preview of how the first round of a 76-team NCAA tournament will look.



1 Like