1st AAU live period

Well it was fun while it lasted. Time to use the “Reed Sheppard” schollie on a Brogdon guard (like Bryce Cash or take Desmond Claude 2022 and redshirt him).

4 Likes

Or Justyn fernandez (idk if he’s a combo guard though or not. Idk any player’s position)

Meh. Cal playing catch up

4 Likes

Figured as much. He’s a stretch 4 (even embraces himself and thats what his coach calls him). All in on Traudt.

If I had to make an obvious guess, Villanova or Maryland. Maybe Penn State or Illinois (Coach Frazier DMV connections I think).

1 Like

Best fit vs family and state ties. Could be quite a battle.

1 Like

I’m just going to call my shot now - Reed Sheppard will commit to UVA. I understand the state and family connections, I’m just calling it how I see it. Kid checks like all the boxes for guys we get to commit and we get to commit early.

11 Likes

If I were his father, I would advise him to pick uva and not to follow me to Kentucky. Hard to live up to it and also cal is going to bury you.

My kids don’t listen to me of course so this sage advice would go unheeded.

7 Likes

No chance his dad wants him at UK. Unless he becomes one and done level maybe

6 Likes

The problem is that kids these day are just so stupid. I don’t get it. When I was that age I was a complete genius.

7 Likes

I don’t think he is ranked high enough to get a lot of attention from Cal early. If TB is angling to bypass 22 for guards he can go all in for a PG and CG in the 23 class then maybe he can lock up Sheppard early.

Thats why you went to UVa instead of JMU homeboy. I assume

Easy on JMU fresh!

I see TB already courtside watching warmups for Team Curry. Caleb Foster.

2 Likes

I have no idea how anyone evaluates from what I have seen in person or in highlights. Allen Iverson or Mike Evans were obvious back in the day. No clue now unless you are Zion

Love JMU my man. Biggest regret I never been there

2 Likes

I’m just saying my decision making was pristine and always focused on the long term.

Also, this is not true.

1 Like

Life is long my man

1 Like

Not long enough

2 Likes

You’ve never been to the 'Zone? :slight_smile: