1st scholastic live period 6/18-6/20

JWilly hiding in the corner. Who are we looking at there?

2023 guards on each side I’d guess. Deshawn Harris Smith for PVI and Jacoi Hutchison for DeMatha.

Waste of time in the DMV. Should be investing more in the upper north central Midwest where the Virginia name ring out

4 Likes

Cam Whitmore (one of my personal favorites in 2022) had a really strong showing. I know we had some contact but seems to be a Villanova vs Maryland recruitment with Illinois also there. 6’6 but a small ball 4/not really a perimeter oriented player.

1 Like

Wonder if anyone goes down to South Carolina this weekend.

I expect Bennett to in DC tomorrow for Spalding vs STAB.

1 Like

I was never a fan of George Washington

15 Likes

Man I love this rock star treatment tweets Tony is getting… it feels like… yeah Juwan Howard…Wes Miller… assistants from other P5 and ohhh damn… Tony Bennett is here…

10 Likes

Austin Nunez highlights from pangos
https://www.instagram.com/p/CQRXHuuHB9c/

8 Likes

He looks pretty good in that clip - I’d love to see us give him the issac traudt priority recruit treatment soon but that seems fairly unlikely. I’m curious what you guys think in regards to Jameel Brown vs Nunez. Seems like the staff is in wait and see mode - is that about right, HGN?

Just stoppin in to see if Sheppard committed yet. :grimacing:

4 Likes

I think that the overwhelming amount of 2023 reach outs being point guards and combo guards show that there isn’t as much a rush for the pg spot right now.

1 Like

TB made his way to DeMatha. McNamara '22 big man Favour Aire and '23 St. Frances guard Jahnathan Lamothe in this game. STAB up next against Archbishop Spalding (Cam Whitmore).

2 Likes

Williford is still at Dematha this morning

1 Like

Joe’s IG game has been sharp this weekend

-kIZ_4dK

11 Likes

This might be due to scheduling for the weeks to come, but why aren’t we out seeing Bond or other more serious 22 targets. Seems like we’d be way behind on Aire. Seems like there might be a better use of Tony and JWillys time

Dont think there is anything else going on this weekend. Maybe go back and watch Sheppard again if he’s still playing this weekend? Vandross is at that New Jersey/philly event. No idea where Getter is.

Some 2022 prospects that we have been in contact with in DC but also a shit ton of 2023 prospects.

1 Like

Gotcha thanks. Reed still playing. Louisville has an asst there still

https://mobile.twitter.com/jakeweingarten/status/1406269033406676996

1 Like

You gotta remember most states don’t hold scholastic events. Not everyone is available. Bond isn’t playing until July… A lot of head coaches barely go out.

2 Likes

That would imply he has an offer.