2020-2021 Basketball Preseason

Dragon you have tu love rugby tu play that sport. I talk shit and say im not scared of anything. I even played football in 9 and 10 grade. I was a boxer from age 8-13. But I am lying about not being scared. Im scared of Rugby. LOL. I think thats a sport you have permission tu cripple someone. I never saw a rugby player with all his teeth. Me and a poster MG bump heads for years. Last week she told me she played rugby. From that second on, I respected her and became scared of her.LOL. You have tu be a lunatic tu play that sport and you have tu love it. So you cant have a Huff mentality and play Rugby. You will lose a body part. LMAO

3 Likes

I just saw your post Hoos9412. I agree about Carson. I have a great Carson story. If certain posters werent on this board. I would share it but eff them. I would never share certain things because of them. But you are right. Carson is not a punk AT ALL! LOL

3 Likes

I think the defensive struggles with Jabri are being over blowned. I cant Share how I know but he is not that bad on defense. I know everyone is responding from Williford comments. Maybe that was the case tu months ago or The person is lying tu me. But here is what I was told. Jabri is busting ass and balling so well. That the coaches have tu nit pick and find criticism tu eliminate the hype and pressure. The same hype and pressure that caused Casey tu stress so much last yr. The coaches have tu find ways tu keep Jabri motivated. Plus he do need improvement. But so did Ty, Guy, Devon, Gill and every new player at UVA. If Jabri is not playing 20-25 minutes a game. Than yall will here from Tu and all the TB cant do wrong fans better ignore my post. LOL

6 Likes

Thank Tu and you’re right. If you want to play at an elite level you got to have that passion. Aint no half steppin

Which makes me wonder about this yr teams take on the personality of their leaders. Ty Dre and Kyle set a standard for work rate 9b the championship team. Who does it on this yrs team? If it’s Huff it may be a long season

1 Like

Great post G Coles. I wish we could quote post because I cant remember everything you wrote. So let me reply. I agree about kihei being a player with “IT”. I even said that in my post. I also think it takes a special player at 5’8 tu be on high optimum every game. Lets see if he is that special player. I cant believe all the shit he had tu deal with last yr. He made me a believer. I have a HS story on kihei that I shared with my crew. I knew about his heart before UVA recruited him. But I be lying if I said I knew he would start for us.
Let alone be all ACC and one of the top PG IN THE COUNTRY.

I think Gill was just as good of a transfer as Sam. Gill struggled big time and took some time tu be the Gill we all love.  And its not about what the player did previously at his other school IN MY OPINION. In basketball, timing is everything. Our transfers struggle at first because they lose their timing. They sit out an entire yr without playing.  Practice and pickup games are different. Also, OUR TRANSFER PLAYERS  struggle more than other schools because during theIr sit out yr.  They are not doing the same drills and practice development skills, like the current players.  They are always working on being the opposition in practice and not being corrected if they are doing something wrong.  The coaches are not paying attention tu every little thing they do. They are not being scrutinize and every little error is not being magnified. Our transfers also dont work on the pack line like our current players. So they are going an entire year almost freelancing. 

Most of their particulars are being worked on their own time. Now when its their turn tu be a current player. They have tu adjust and learn all the particulars about our system. They cant get away with little things anymore. Everything is being magnified. Old habits have tu be broken. Even learning how tu be a player on the court and during a game for TB is new. Than you add how our practices are 70 percent or more about defense. Than you add the timing topic I mentioned for all transfers. A player at UVA will need time tu adust. Itsca totally different animal. Not ONE of our transfers came out of the preseason balling. The same with our redshirts. The great Malcolm looked bad when he returned in 14. I remember saying, this dude cant play PG. VCU was giving him Havoc. See how I did that. LOL It was Around midseason when Malcolm showed up.

But with all that being said. I mentioned how I hope he is the first one tu break that pattern about our transfers. I just think all the things I mentioned earlier. Plays a big role with our transfers starting slow.  What they did at their other school is not that much of a factor in my opinion. I cant remember the rest of your post so I cant continue. LOL
2 Likes

All williford really said, if I recall correctly, was he had work to do on the defensive end. What else would he say? Nobody comes in and has the defense down pat in a week. I don’t really think he said he was bad.

3 Likes

Thank you Lambeth. Im very familiar with my nephew and maybe three other players over seas experience. I did not know that but it makes sense. Teams want tu show their country, players with the same nationality and pay those players with premium contracts. Thank you for sharing fam.

2 Likes

Are you asking me Nbkdn or telling me? Either way I agree. Again, I saw Ty play in the toughest environments when he was in HS. Mind you, he wasnt 6’4 and 200 pounds back than. He was a scrawny kid who looked like he didnt belong. He shut that theory down the first time I saw him play Bishop Loughlin. Than I saw Ty go against my boy Shameer Ponds. Shameer team won but Ty guarded Shameer the second half and LOCKED HIM DOWN. Ty also had like 20 points in the second half. Ponds had about 8 points. But Ty didnt Gard him in the first half. He took the initiative tu Gard Ponds in the second half. Ponds can boogie and score like Sebastian Telfair. He can ball but Ty wasnt having it. I have another Ty story but wont share here but I knew Ty was a dawg back than. I continued tu know he was a dawg when I heard how he didnt back down tu all those veteran guards on our 16-17 team and fought his way tu being q starter by the end of that yr. I knew he had " IT" After he sucked against West VA and the very next game. Came out and killed BC. He had alot of pressure on his shoulders, just stunk it up the previous game and I know personally all the Nigel noise. And Ty came out and never stopped balling. I knew he was a dawg but that display of saying eff this. Im not giving Nigel my spot and I am a ACC PG. But more importantly, this is my team DAMMIT. Showed me he had " IT".

3 Likes

Damn I talked tu much. Im acting like im on the thread I have and talk with my peeps like this. LOL My bad and I will Catch yall another time.

1 Like

keep bringin it Tu ha

1 Like

Thats what I said WFS. Your replies tu me be confusing me. The purpose of my post was tu say how Jabri is good enough tu play quality minutes and his lack of defense shouldn’t keep him off the court.

2 Likes

Agreeing with you on Ty. Never a doubt that he was going to be the key player after the Villanova game his first year. Also a helluva kid off the court.

1 Like

I met Ty at MSG with his dad for the WVa game while he was in HS. The next time I saw him was at the team hotel after the National Championship. He said “oh. I remember meeting you at Madison Square Garden in HS”. That is the IT factor

3 Likes

And I was agreeing with you.

My bad WFS. I thought you were saying I miss quoted Williford and saying I was wrong but actually repeating what I said he said. LOL

I know you are confused because I am confused. This is what happens when you at a game and still trying tu post and watch the game at the same time. Im not even sure thats not confusing. LOL

2 Likes

I agree 100% with Tu about the IT factor . It’s hard to explain it but you can see it. I’ve also applied the IT factor to a couple of women in my life,lol. It works with women also but it is very rare and dangerous

2 Likes

sure that is it. Over the top comment, why?

I played rugby for many years in the VA men’s league. I had 14 other guys watching my back as did any single player on any team. Fights where very rare, cheap shots fairly common, but the worst injuries (broken neck) where usually a scrum accident.

One of my all time favorites Stith just let his game talk for him, I do not remember him doing the things you imply are important.

The fighting left the game decades aago. Even the cheapp shota are gone since they took away the right to use your boots.

1 Like

What about the beer on the sidelines?

2 Likes

I don’t know what this is about but the answer is yes to beer anywhere right now.

6 Likes