2020-2021 season

Look for something on twitter tonight. Another quote design… this time from the great D Fresh

3 Likes

I actually thought he was good enough tu give Kihei a few minutes tu breathe. He definetley wasnt scared when his number was called. I cant say that for a few scholarship guys.

I asked because alot of old material is popping up on my page and Grant name is on alot of them. I just couldn’t figure out the connection. He may be a cult hero but I think the kid can play. He was definitely our most athletic guard.

7 Likes

Ok. I knew he had a role. Thats whats up. Thanks

2 Likes

Why?

1 Like

Since ratings started being kept for recruits - since 2000 … Among UVA recruits during that time … Abdur-Rahim is 2nd highest, Morsell - 9th, Huff - 10th, Beekman - 11th, Shedrick - 13th … not bad to have all on the same team this year.

2 Likes

Sam Hauser would have ranked 23rd as a freshman but I would venture to say as a senior recruit he would be the most ready, talented, high level 1st year player this century at UVA. And next year we likely have the 2nd most ready in Trey Murphy.

2 Likes

(cough) Dre (cough)

2 Likes

I’m of the opinion Dre would have been a top 20 prospect had he not broken his leg and got more exposure. He really took it to Miles Bridges and Josh Jackson on the circuit if I recall correctly

6 Likes

The broken leg definitely allowed him to “fall” in recruitment. For as great as the Virginia program is, players rarely go from total obscurity to lottery pick in basically 1.5 yrs of playing.

6 Likes

I’m talking more about 1st year impact. Bullish on hauser, and then Murphy next year, but wouldn’t say either is a lock to be a better 1st year player than Dre per @DavetheWave post

3 Likes

I think Hauser is a lock to be a better first year player than Hunter. I don’t know enough about Murphy.

Not news but…

6 Likes

Go watch the replay of Dre against Marvin Bagdrop III on 1/27/18 and come back to me on that one, buddy. Lock? Hauser is going to be plenty good but we haven’t seen him on the floor in the ACC yet, so lock is not a word that applies here.

I feel like it’s an unfair comparison from the get. Hauser is not a first year. Hes got 2 yrs umder his belt and is coming in as an almost all conference player. Dre spent a yr rehabbing and building and then came in as a 6th man. Not a knock on either player but feels apples to oranges to me.

8 Likes

I’ll hammer the over on 9.2 points a game from Hauser, which is what Dre averaged his freshman year.

7 Likes

the team I root for defines impact defense first and PPG some ways after that

1 Like

That’s great, Dre also had Devon and Isaiah out there with him, two fantastic defenders. I’ll add I’m confused why were comparing a redshirt freshman to a 5th year senior. Either way, Hauser is going to be a stud.

11 Likes

And now for something completely different. In a normal year, I would be planning to meet old classmates for lunch and to watch the “Blue/White” scrimmage about now. That’s not happening this year. However, does anyone know if there will be a streamed scrimmage just to whet our appetities for the upcoming season? Maybe there’s been an announcement, but, if so, I missed it. Thanks.

1 Like

Not a lot of chatter around Caffaro, but I’m a big fan and want to see what he can do as much as anyone on the roster.

Much better offensive upside than Salt…if he does everything else Jack did, with more scoring, he’ll be a 2 year starter.

4 Likes

He will! He’s already ahead offensively. Enjoy watching Caffaro develop!

1 Like