2020-2021 season

Check the top of the forum… $4.99 / month, no ads…

2 Likes

@jazznutUVA let us all know how it goes then we will join you … hahahaha

4 Likes

@DFresh11 Since I’m talking to myself right now w/ @Merch and @itsbhanusharma… it’s going splendid! I listened to you speaking Portuguese on the podcast! As the Germans would say Das gehts Nichts! Verdammt noch mal!

3 Likes

loosely translated Good shit homeboy?

5 Likes

Ha! Translated “That makes no sense. Damn it!”

3 Likes

I think we’ve all assumed for a while, but Jay’s officially returning.

6 Likes

Best commitment we could receive!

6 Likes

ACC player of the year?

3 Likes

Probably not…he’ll split votes with Hauser. But with them & Kihei we have 3 legit All ACC players.

4 Likes

I agree GCH! Jabri, Woldentensae and Morsel could compliment them very well.

I think what we saw from TW when he had his mid-season tear is closer to what we’ll see than we got early, and then late when teams started focusing their perimeter D on him. More options this year, so less attention on him.

ACCDPOY?

10 Likes

Man just reading this gets me pumped for this next season…Its August already! Cant wait!

2 Likes

It’s pretty funny how in his first couple years his defense was essentially keeping him off the floor now he’s one of the best in the country

3 Likes

The magic of Mr Tony Bennett

4 Likes

Not to be a downer, but I do think Huff’s defensive development has been a tad overblown.

Obviously, he’s a very good shot blocker, but at 7’1” and with his wingspan, that’s kind of to be expected.

His ability to guard ball screens has improved, but it’s still a bit of a weakness especially against quicker bigs who will slip. That said, he improved throughout the yr last season, but it’ll be interesting to see how he fares without Diakite helping on the backside.

And I’m still wary of his ability to guard bulkier players in the post without help. He’ll have the opportunity to prove me wrong in league play against guys like Brooks and Bacot, so we’ll see.

5 Likes

I agree with you here. Huff got a simar bump that Diakite received in 18/19. He played next to a solid big that absorbed a lot of contact and allowed him to roam and seek blocks. Mamadis blocks were down last year when he was forced to be the lead big defender. Huff is going to be in a similar position this year esp if Hauser is at the 4 and an admitted weak defender.

This year Jay is going to be asked to defend the opposing teams beat big and that can take on a number of different looks. If he can stand up to it then he may be one of the best individual defenders in the country. Right now he’s a solid defender in a great scheme.

7 Likes

Somewhat agree, but one underrated aspect is when someone slips on him he has shown a better ability to recover, trail and block from behind. Two years ago, he was just woefully out of position In those instances.

3 Likes

Huff could really showcase himself in the Big Ten where every team plays with a big post. In the ACC when opponents go smaller, his offense is going to have to offset his lack of lateral quickness.

1 Like

It be more of a true test for him. But I think he’d struggle with the more physical matchups.

2 Likes