2020 Football Season

ODU official I think.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/SchutteCFB/status/1292816751722467330

2 Likes

That’s about it @HoozGotNext. The Power 5s are meeting to discuss what to do. PAC 12 Big 10 on one side hedging not to play Big12 seems to want to play SEC and ACC in lockstep eager to play.

1 Like

It’ll be wild if some P5s cancel and others don’t. Could there be last minute transfers??

3 Likes

Those are the 2 most interesting questions. There at least seems to be some interest in a few schools going “rogue” and running their own season even if it means breaking traditional conference alliances. i.e. An SEC/ACC super conference with OSU, ND and some Big 12 schools sprinkled in.

No word on how the transfer market could be affected. In addition, if they bounce all football to the spring, what happens with players who are NFL draft eligible do they opt out to do draft prep, assuming the NFL keeps their traditional schedule?

1 Like

The Spring idea is ridiculous at this level. Draft prospects would surely opt out. And playing a full season and getting them back into it what 3-4 months later to do again is not realistic at all. Talk about putting players at risk.

3 Likes

Agree the spring makes no sense. And assuming basketball is played those two seasons wluld be opposing each other. So many bad situations.

1 Like

It makes no logical or rational sense, but schools will be so starved for cash if this cancellation comes to pass they will try to make it work. Many other programs within many athletic departments will be at risk.

3 Likes
1 Like

Yup there it is. On a random note this may be what breaks the ncsa

1 Like

If they do play football this fall it’s almost certainly only going to be power 5 schools

1 Like

B10 saying move football to spring makes no sense. Practice and play in freezing Jan and Feb. NFL draft. Short season. Makes no sense. As little sense as Michigan Coach Harbaugh makes throwing his regular tantrums. Had to throw that comment in regarding the sideshow that is Harbaugh. lol. Maybe we get some more transfers.

2 Likes

Spring football is a logistical nightmare that I cant wrap my head around. Also anytimw i fins myseld agreeing with Harghbaugh i realize its time to reconsider my view

2 Likes

B1G makes it official. Still think ACC and SEC try to make it work.

1 Like

Everything shows ACC and SEC are set on playing

4 Likes

PAC 12 has officially joined the BiG and cancelled fall football.

Will be interesting to see what happens, we know the SEC will stand firm, I worry the ACC is squishy. Might all coMe down to which way the BIG12 falls.

The BIG12 is the big question. Everything I’ve seen has the SEC and ACC in lockstep and determined to move forward. BIG12 has been a bit more scattered.

2 Likes

If the Big12 cancels or pushes til spring, there’s gonna be some rogue throwback Big 8 stuff isn’t there? lol Nebraska Oklahoma Texas etc

2 Likes

That would be interesting.

I do wonder about fall 2021 plans if a full spring season is played in 2021. That’s a lot to ask of football players.