2021-22 Season Look Ahead

Wow I just realized is Kihei a 4th year next season??? His time is almost up. :cry: I’m truly sad about this as it’s the end of an era.

3 Likes

Only two more seasons for Kihei

Oh yes that’s true- potentially a 5th year.

Roster updated with the newbies sans Igor. Beekman still listed as a Frosh, ok I’ll take it. Taine listed at 200lbs, hope that is accurate.

Men’s Basketball – Virginia Cavaliers Official Athletic Site (virginiasports.com)

5 Likes

Trey took the head shot so… hahaha

3 Likes

They re-use old photos I think

3 Likes

Yes - exact same photos as last year for returning guys

My bold claim is that Kadin Shedrick becomes a superstar here. And we’ll see flashes this year that make that very clear

7 Likes

I don’t see Kihei taking a 5th year here, at that point there would likely be a big log jam at guard (beekman, Franklin, Taine, McCorkle, mckneely could play early and maybe another PG in that class). He could also do a year closer to home as a grad transfer, I’m sure he’d get a lot of interest from smaller schools. He really has nothing left to prove here and I’m not sure he’d want to take on a lesser role in a 5th year.

5 Likes

I believe if Kehei keeps his hair short his shooting percentage goes up at least 6 points, probably more

10 Likes

No recent chatter but at one time we were linked to Trey Wade, he’s transferring to Arkansas. Also Silvio De Sousa is leaving Kansas, not that we’d want that headache, lots will though.

2 Likes

sounds desperate

3 Likes

Nebraska advertising an credit card. hilarious

2 Likes

It is hilarious. But I do hope we make an announcement soon. Even if it is something handled by a third party (like in Nebraska’s case of hiring a company to guide that process) or Darden or what have you.

1 Like

But what can you do? Consult? Am talking to someone else about this now. Its not like you can guarantee players and or solicit money for them

1 Like

Help teach them how to make the most of the NIL at UVA. (also add on financial and business literacy, etc.).

Agree on financial literacy 100 percent and we have been discussing with professionals like UVa’s own Tom Henske and Jimmy Miller. But who can understand this Likeness thing outside of “get more followers on tik tok”.

I really dont know

2 Likes

My point and question is how do you address this with staff without outlining the rules to the game

Again. I dont know

I believe I actually called Nebraska as the first school that’d make a splash with NIL. They take it really seriously.

1 Like