2021-22 Season Look Ahead

Cause they have paid players forever. And I dont hate em for it

Isnt Traudt from Nebraska though?

1 Like

Nilbraska. Is that a kind of sausage or a perfect description of my desire ever to be in that state again?

One of my official visits was Nebraska. Danny Nee. Windy AF there

2 Likes

I went to Omaha once but for the life of me I can’t remember why.

1 Like

what happens in Omaha no one even remmebers why

1 Like

FSU has a NIL program that actually tells their athletes what they should be getting in certain scenarios. Theirs is the most advanced I have read about so far.

1 Like

All good but what does that mean?

And who pays the program?

I feel like a well formed NIL program could contain a bunch of things. Off the top of my head:

• Financial literacy and investment advice
  • Catering relationships between local to national partners and alumni to pair players with
  • Developing social media brands
  • Life coaching/alumni network stuff
  • Transition plans into professional sports
  • Maximizing revenue from clothing, cameo, etc
2 Likes

Where are the homes for the players’ families? Or is that still going to be limited to Duke lol

1 Like

Went to the CWS in 2014. Omaha wasn’t a bad town. Don’t think I’d try it from November-March though.

3 Likes

Yeah, Nebraska has been doing that for years as well. They’ve got a volleyball player with hundreds of thousands of Instagram followers, iirc. Part of becoming an athlete there these days apparently involves getting a sit-down with the social media consulting firm they’ve got on staff that works with players on their social media profile, goals, expectations, possible long-term monetization, etc.

1 Like

I like Omaha… Offutt Air Force Base is just south… good spaghetti warehouse downtown.

1 Like

Somewhat related to the NIL topic, some issues related to foreign college athletes and how NIL may affect their visa status: International student-athletes face an NIL conundrum, and no one seems to have an answer - ESPN

Sounds like that will need to be worked out.

1 Like

I have no doubt we will be on the far lagging end of the NIL stuff. We all know our football and basketball coaches hate the NIL idea (even if they don’t say it out loud) and when have we ever been on the leading edge of an athletics initiative? Certainly on the lagging end of the football arms race, so I doubt this will be any different. Hopefully it doesn’t cost us

1 Like

Yeah, I just had a suggested video from Duke MBB come up on my Instagram. It was a professional production of the Duke freshman arriving on campus, checking out their dorms, lockeroom, etc. It was really well done.

Meanwhile, we just sneak the new 1st year and transfers on to our roster page with no fanfare. I don’t know why we don’t do more. It’s good for the players and good for the fans.

10 Likes

Not sure I trust your cookies having Duke stuff suggested …

4 Likes

Duke has a media production team dedicated to just the men’s basketball team, and I assume they also manage their MBB’s social media across all platforms, creating fans engaging content almost weekly.

It’s up to the head coach and the AD to determine whether a media team is worthy to keep, but I agree that the lack of media content and exposure is going be a big hurdle for us recruiting forward. We can always market ourselves to the humble no-spotlight kids (which I love) but how many are there in 2021, like 1 out of 10 maybe? Our selection pool will be seriously limited when the NIL is here.

3 Likes

ThreeManWeave dude…

4 Likes

I can’t explain it as well as they can. They also get two for credit classes on NIL. https://seminoles.com/athletics-announces-comprehensive-apex-nil-program/

1 Like