2021-22 Season Look Ahead

Let’s hope he’s not that good. Made me look up Scott because I didn’t realize he was that tall. 6’8. Probably an underappreciated college player historically in the ACC. Averaged 27 in 1990. Brian Oliver and Kenny Anderson both averaged over 20 too that year. Hell of a team.

3 Likes

They were all that. Dennis Scott had range for days. Kenny was Kenny and Oliver was such a tough player who could score

1 Like

No, that’s a very good comparison. Shorter, more athletic, and better handle to my amateur eyes. However, I hope his shot isn’t as good as Scott’s!

2 Likes

Keels is gonna be gas but the one we’re gonna be kicking ourselves over is Caleb Houstan

2 Likes

I agree 100 %! Wanted him when no one thought we had a chance and always wanted him more than Keels! If McKoy and JAR we’re not on roster last fall, I think we may have landed Houstan!

1 Like

Houston was not worried for a second about being stuck behind anyone on our roster.

4 Likes

Probably not but no one wants to go to a full roster, without spacing.

1 Like

Houstan provides spacing

1 Like

McKoy and Jabri weren’t the hurdles. At the time Murphy was a redshirt and was going to be in the spot Caleb wanted for 2021-22. Little did we know Murphy would get the waiver (but still wasn’t sure if he’d be a 1 or 2 year player for us).

1 Like

He sure would have!

True but the numbers gave all those around him ammunition! We were in much better shape than many would believe at the time!

1 Like
33 Likes

Excited to hear this

5 Likes

This is going to be great for Shedrick

15 Likes

Great for Igor as well

11 Likes

Wow

Pretty natural fit. Still the only player I’ve heard say the packline is easier for post players to pick up than for guards so maybe he’ll be able to share that knowledge.

7 Likes

The utah dude, Dylan Disu from Vandy, and Tre Mitchell is a very skill front line but also one that is violently unathletic. No idea what happens to the guardian if he gets a job or not.

Point guard, Armaan Franklin, Kellan Grady, Jayden Gardener, Oscar Tschwebie with pg 2, Kadin, and Taine off the bench please.

I’d pass on the big guy. Wouldn’t want him quitting in the middle of the season again. Would take Grady in a heartbeat if Cal did leave Kentucky.

4 Likes