2021-22 Season Look Ahead

Good cause the moment is now HnT. Thats what we like

1 Like

Agree 100! Love me some Hoos Hoops ā€“ thatā€™s a given ā€“ and I have no problem with our defense first culture ā€“ BUT I confess to envy with respect to the assertiveness/moxie that teams like Baylor recently showcased. Okay, Natty Baylor was special IMO ā€“ but you get what I mean. Gimme some guys that want to drive the lane. Wanna get fouled. Wanna win. And, just as importantly, KNOW they gonna win! (Another reason I still love Kihei! Ha! Couldnā€™t resist. :wink: )

5 Likes

Exactly. Ty was a dawg!!!

2 Likes

Does anyone know what our preseason tournament this year is supposed to be?

Legends Classic at Barclays Center.

Iā€™m sure it will have a couple home games against low major teams. But at Barclays will be us, Oklahoma State, Northwestern, and UCLA.

8 Likes

Would be nice to give Northwestern the boot for a better Big 10 team.

Awesome, UCLA should be highly ranked if/when we play them

3 Likes

The team may not know because of Covid, but are they going to try to make a Summer trip to Europe? Last year was our year but we didnā€™t get to obviously.

1 Like

Iā€™m positive all our current players will be fully vaccinated before school is out since UVA sent parents an email last week saying they are offering vaccines to every student starting this week. Assume all transfers and 1st years will be vaccinated by June too. The question is, though, when will the rest of the world, including Europe, open up to us.

5 Likes

Yeah maybe they just take them to Canada or Mexico or something tbh

1 Like

A fully vaccinated group, Iā€™d think, would be welcome somewhere. If not Western Europe, maybe Eastern Europe or Asia (not Japan or one of the more developed nations, but maybe The Philippines or Vietnam) or Australia/NZ. Itā€™ll be winter in South America, so not sure you want to go there.

1 Like

Here in Germany they are discussing another lockdown. :frowning:

That event is not confirmed - that was scheduled over a year ago and is not on the current schedule.

Word is the UK is exploring greenlighting travel to and from the US by the summer

3 Likes

Coolā€¦ remember Brexit howeverā€¦ plus they are not part of the Schengen Areaā€¦ so that would only include England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.

2 Likes

Yup i was only referring to the UK and that maybe the EU and them would follownone another. Have a friend in Wales whoā€™s been working and traveling through this whole thing and keeping me in the loop

You can travelā€¦ but you have to have ā€œbusiness reasonsā€ā€¦ I wonder if US College basketball travel can be spun that way.

4 Likes

Kansas might be able to but no chance UVA

It probably can be. My friend works TV production for rugby games and was deemed essential months ago. Heā€™s been in and out of Ire France and Italy in the last 4 months. The RU and WRU have laid out plans to restart domestic rugby at all levels by June with full seasons kicking off in the fall.

The point being it appears thereā€™s momentum to open things up and a potential trip is possible although Iā€™d still sau unlikely

3 Likes

When would the decision to take a July or August trip need to be made? If the answer is by the end of this month I think we can safely say no college teams will be making international trips this summer.

2 Likes