2021-22 Season Look Ahead

Why would anyone plan international travel right now? The point is to communally experience another culture, and cultures around the globe are completely abnormal right now. Many attractions are closed, restaurants and shops are closed or reduced capacity. Everything about travel is hard right now and there’s little to see or do. If they want to do a team building experience they can do another whitewater rafting trip or something like that. Save the international trip for when things are back to normal.

5 Likes

Extra practice and play some games over the summer. You lose the cultural part of the trip for sure but would still get on court benefit.

1 Like

I think this is the key point: when the decision has to get made. Today, I wouldn’t be comfortable signing off on my kid going abroad for a few weeks. But things are changing really fast from what we’ve gotten used to during the last year. Over 3.5M people were vaccinated last Sunday alone in the US, and at the current pace over 100M more shots will be given out just in the US by Memorial Day. I suspect I’d feel very different about that trip in late May than I do today.

If they have to plan the trip today, its probably not happening. If they can wait until June to schedule it, then it’ll probably happen. And bear in mind they’re allowed to do one of these trips every 4 years. It was supposed to be last summer, but obviously didn’t happen.

If they do it this summer, yeah, they won’t get 100% of the cultural value, but they’ll still be in Greece or Toronto or whatever for a few weeks which will be fun and interesting. And they’ll get to play basketball against some really different teams. And doing it this summer starts the clock ticking on when they get to do it again a year sooner than putting it off.

5 Likes

If Murphy doesn’t come back, would we be close to the bottom nationally in returning contribution percentage?

They should go to Israel and play Akils squad. Check out that pod Akil is the best

7 Likes

Now that’s what I call cross promotional marketing. Well done Fresh

2 Likes

You already know. And I dont even know what that means hahaaha

2 Likes

Old video but hoopvision is always a treat. The pros and cons of help defense.

2 Likes

Remember watching that a while ago. NBA was on smth else for that illegal defense rule lol

1 Like

This has to be the most predictable “free year” senior decision. No way he was leaving. Still hate the rule. I’m cool with it in some cases. But if you’ve had four years of high major competition, move on man.

10 Likes

God, is he just aiming to like break the record for most career charges drawn?

6 Likes

Buzzcut Brad rides again! What’s the over/under for the number of charges he’ll draw during his Super Senior campaign and the number of times his shoulder pops out of joint and he returns to the game?

2 Likes
11 Likes

To paraphrase… “This just in… water is wet!” No surprise here.

2 Likes

Most career nut punches

1 Like

https://www.instagram.com/p/CI1TmneBt9n/

Stupid mono: Kadin was looking sooooo good at the beginning of the season. If he can get back to that form and healthy he is going to be so special (I think he has a higher ceiling than Huff. I think he is ahead of the curve of where Mamadi is but Mamadi also hasn’t even come close to what he is capable of)

6 Likes

Can he shoot like Huff though? That could limit his ceiling

He has good touch and form - looks like he can hit a three but doesn’t need to shoot them as much as Jay. I thought Jay took too many threes last year.

If Jay could have gotten up to 260lbs, he would have been unstoppable.

1 Like

Imagine 7 foot 300 lb Jay huff hitting 3’s and running the court :joy:

4 Likes

Unstoppable. He would have been Karl Anthony Towns.

2 Likes