2021-22 Season Look Ahead

I mean, the weak legends classic field is not on us. The original field of Texas and UCLA was great, but they dropped out. Playing at Houston is a good, tough opponent that just made the final four and I like the Iowa game more than most. Idk, I’m not too upset with the schedule.

7 Likes

Houston will be good and Iowa will probably be at least competent but everything else just seems very questionable

Iowa will be in the bottom half of the B10.

Iowa is supposed to be a bottom 4 big ten team this year. Garbage non-con outside of Houston which is a great series. The tournament isn’t our fault but I’m guessing we just accepted our fate instead of acting like an elite program and finding something better. That being said, I doubt this team is ready to play with the best right out of the gates, so maybe that’s why they didn’t try to make any other big games happen

3 Likes

It’s a light schedule but that’s CTB’s MO. And honestly with essentially a brand new team it’s not a bad idea. They don’t need any strength of schedule boost because they should be at or near the top of the ACC. I can hear the argument about playing top tier teams and gaining experience but it can have just as much of a negative effect. All in all this isn’t something I lose sleep over or blame/credit for how the team performs in March

12 Likes

I understand that thought process but I am simply dreading the pain I will feel when we inevitably pick up an L vs JMU or Radford lol

1 Like

I just wonder how much impact this has in recruiting. Duke, UNC, Kentucky, Kansas, Michigan State consistently play on the National stage during non-con. It’s got to be a draw for big time recruits

1 Like

Hopefully. Not a given when the top 4-5 programs all have so many question marks. Also have to hope the ACC improves enough that finishing in the top 3-4 means something. Didn’t do much for us last year. At least with this schedule we should head into ACC play 8-2 or 9-1.

1 Like

Yeah a lot more new players to integrate and roles to explore so for this year it’s fine.

2 Likes

Caffaro started in Argentina’s friendly against Australia tonight in Vegas, although he didn’t do too much. Was 0-1 with 0 pts, 2 rebounds, 2 fouls, and 1 turnover in just under 10 minutes. Good to see him playing though. Hopefully a good opportunity to shake off some rust.

2 Likes

Seems like we needed as many home games with local or regional opponents asking for smaller payments due to lower travel costs and not asking for return games as possible. Signals the budget priority to me.

3 Likes

Around when can we expect a practice video to drop? I need a fix.

3 Likes

Here’s all the live AAU ball you want - 8 courts at once: https://nikeeyb.com/livestream/

1 Like

Looks like nothing serious for Papi…

5 Likes

That sounds like a chronic thing… but im not a doctor

1 Like

R-n-R could be better if he doesn’t play in the Olympics

1 Like

He’s playing today…

2 Likes

Welp so much for rest

2 Likes

It’s very Argentina to drill their bigs making plays out of the short roll. They do like their ball movement.

2 Likes

Typical Argentinian— take a dive, roll around in agony, then pop back up and play.

10 Likes