2021-22 Season Look Ahead

He only played 2:19 and was 0/1 FGs and 2/2 on FTs.
I doubt he makes the final 12 man roster

Agreed doesn’t seem like he will make the roster. But, that’s probably a good scenario for the Hoos. He got the experience and got to train with some top level players. Now he can get back to Charlottesville let their staff look at his foot, and get some rest and recovery on it while training in a system that he’ll be using this season.

14 Likes

Kyle Getter on Jeff White podcast. Not much new, talks new guys, all pretty much coach speak except seems really excited about Franklin. Just good to hear them talk ball

Wahoo Central Podcast: Kyle Getter and Amandine Toi (virginiasports.com)

5 Likes

On the issue of OOC scheduling, I’ve been going through our all-time records and realized there are a ton of teams we’ve never played or beaten. I’m a completion-ist type of person, so instantly all I want is for UVA to pick up a win against every program. Unfortunately, this year’s OOC slate does not give us any chance of that since we’ve played and beaten all of the teams before.

Interestingly, there are a number of P6 (including Big East) teams we’ve never played or beaten.

• Never Played: Colorado, Creighton, Illinois, Kansas St, Oregon St, Texas
  • Played But Never Beaten: Baylor, Cincinnati, DePaul, Michigan St, Nebraska, Oklahoma St, Seton Hall, Texas A&M, TCU, UCLA

In terms of other teams we’ve never beaten, full lists are below for anyone bored, but teams I’d love to see on the schedule for one random reason or another:

• MaineWahoo’s Scheduling Picks: Boston University, Buffalo, Campbell, UCF, Colorado St, Cornell, Duquesne, FGCU, Georgia St, Hawaii, Holy Cross, Indiana St, Mercer, Morehead St, Nevada, North Dakota, North Dakota St, Northern Kentucky, Princeton, San Francisco, St. Mary’s, South Dakota, South Dakota St, St. Bonaventure, Stephen F. Austin, St. Louis, Tulsa, UC-Davis, Utah St, Valparaiso, Wichita St

Can one of you with connections to the program get them to schedule some of these? We need to start collecting more pelts!

• All Teams We’ve Never Played: Abilene Christian, Akron, Alabama A&M, Alabama St, Alcorn St, Arkansas St, Arkansas-Pine Bluff, Ball St, Bellarmine, Binghamton, Boise St, Boston University, Bryant, Buffalo, Cal Poly, Cal State Bakersfield, Cal State Fullerton, Cal State Northridge, California Baptist, Campbell, Central Arkansas, Central Connecticut St, Central Florida, Central Michigan, Charlotte, Chattanooga, Chicago St, Colgate, Colorado, Colorado State, Cornell, Creighton, Delaware St, Detroit Mercy, Dixie State, Duquesne, Eastern Illinois, Eastern Michigan, Eastern Washington, Evansville, Florida A&M, Florida Atlantic, Florida Gulf Coast, Florida International, Fresno St, Georgia Southern, Georgia St, Grand Canyon, Hawaii, Holy Cross, Houston Baptist, Idaho, Idaho St, Illinois, Illinois St, Illinois-Chicago, Incarnate Word, Indiana St, IUPUI, Jackson St, Jacksonville St, Kansas St, Kennesaw St, Lipscomb, Little Rock, Louisiana, Louisiana Tech, Marist, Massachusetts-Lowell, McNeese St, Mercer, Merrimack, Milwaukee, Missouri-Kansas City, Montana, Montana St, Morehead St, Murray St, Nevada, Niagara, North Alabama, North Carolina Central, North Dakota, North Dakota St, North Florida, Northern Arizona, Northern Colorado, Northern Illinois, Northern Kentucky, Northwestern State, Omaha, Oregon St, Pacific, Pepperdine, Portland, Portland St, Prairie View, Presbyterian, Purdue-Fort Wayne, Quinnipiac, Sacramento St, Sacred Heart, Saint Mary’s (CA), Saint Peter’s, Sam Houston St, San Diego, Santa Clara, SIU Edwardsville, South Alabama, South Dakota, South Dakota St, Southeast Missouri St, Southeastern Louisiana, Southern, Southern Mississippi, Southern Utah, St. Bonaventure, Stephen F. Austin, Tarleton St, Tennessee Tech, Texas, Texas A&M-Corpus Christi, Texas Southern, Texas St, Texas-Arlington, Texas-El Paso, Texas-San Antonio, Toledo, Troy, Tulsa, UC-Davis, UC-Riverside, UC-San Diego, UC-Santa Barbara, Utah St, Utah Valley, Valparaiso, Weber St, Western Carolina, Western Illinois, Western Michigan, Wright St, Youngstown St

• All Teams We’ve Played But Never Beaten: Baylor, Bowling Green St, Cincinnati, DePaul, Eastern Kentucky, Fordham, Kentucky Wesleyan, Michigan St, Nebraska, New Mexico St, New Orleans, Oklahoma St, Princeton, Saint Louis, San Francisco, San Jose St, Seton Hall, Texas A&M, TCU, UCLA, Wichita St, Wyoming

14 Likes

Idk if anyone has seen it but Chris Beard put together an absurd roster at Texas this year. Dylan Disu is coming off the bench

1 Like

Indeed, they just got Marcus Carr, right? Makes me seriously question of he’s actually one of the “good’ guys. Surprised so many guys jumped in on that, not enough touches for all those dudes

3 Likes

I think he’s dirty as hell

2 Likes

Texas is also a huge brand. With the new NIL stuff, likely going to help them quite a bit relative to others.

1 Like

Except all of those dudes have never played together…I suspect that beard will get them to play well…but won’t get too far in the dance…,

2 Likes

Don’t think he ever was and never saw him made out to be that by national folks the way they do with TB or Jay Wright tbh. Think that was a projection our fan base put on him to make us feel like we beat a ‘worthy’ opponent in the title game. Especially as a contrast to Bruce Pearl in the semis. Beard deserves credit for how he has handled some things in his personal life but he’s no Bennett. He is a damn good coach though.

4 Likes

He is dirty af
Dropped bags while in Lubbock and that’s coming from a guy that coaches aau

4 Likes

Will Texas be as good at defense as Texas Tech was under Beard or does all the credit go to that assistant coach at Texas Tech that I can’t think of the name right now (is this same AC the head coach at TT now)?

Mark Adams…Yup, he’s the HC at TT now…

1 Like

Was Texas the other team that was supposed to be in our preseason tournament?

Will be interesting and see if we follow suit with names on the back of jerseys for sales with a part of the cut going to players. And if we also do it for past players as well.

3 Likes

I’d just like to start with the announcement of some sort of program

7 Likes

It’s been so incredibly mismanaged by Carla and team. How do we not have something ready to promote when the rules changed. Getting lapped multiple times over right now by our peers.

1 Like

What’s new lol

I mean, I’m not surprised. I doubt either Tony or Bronco like NIL all that much and are pushing like all of these other coaches. In fact I bet they downright dislike it

4 Likes

Yeah Bronco and Tony dont strike me as coaches interested in this.

But that’s the thing. It’s not a Tony and Bronco thing. It’s a UVA athletics (and to a bigger degree UVA branding in general) thing. It shouldn’t involve them at all.

3 Likes