2021-22 Season Look Ahead

Not expecting much this year from him but he looks way more polished than Kody, Caffaro, and Salt did at that stage and less of a project. Upside is off the charts

13 Likes

If Milicic played in the states, he would have had a bunch of major schools trying to get him. I think Bennett struck gold with he and Murray on the international scene. They both fit well.

5 Likes

He also appears a bit bigger (stronger) in this clips

6 Likes

Oh wow, nice workout video. A preview to Isaac Traudt? :wink:

3 Likes

Kansas also rumored to be in talks with Big Ten. WVU to ACC? I know when that was mentioned in the past a lot gave push back over academics. College sports in general is need of a realignment at the national level.

1 Like

West Virginia and maybe try to get Notre Dame a full time member to leverage tv talks. Kick out Boston college, try to bring in Maryland and incentivize with a possible new tv contract. Also bring in Kentucky Vanderbilt South Carolina and let FSU go to SEC?

Alternatively I know in the past there were rumors of Big Ten eyeing UVA and UNC as a package deal.

Edit - saw you moved your comment to the appropriate forum. Moving my response too.

1 Like

Unless WVU or another school is adding 30+ mil in revenue to the ACC, pass on expansion. There’s no requirement to get to 16 like there was to get to 12 for a conference championship game. Otherwise all you’re doing is splitting the same pie more ways and every current member gets less of that pie.

3 Likes

This is the kind of stuff that I wish UVA would do. Personal windows into the program without giving away too much (pick up games alumni) and doesn’t involve our coaching staff at all so they can focus on more important things

5 Likes

Active players can now host camps for money? @Merch when is the Lockerroom access camp hosted by Kihei and Reece coming?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRsAymgt1h3/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=16061ff5-e6f1-416c-b033-553a925de732

2 Likes

So agree on this… VASportsTV could definitely mic up stuff…

2 Likes

We are working on the camps…hopefully we can pull one off before the season

6 Likes

Of course not now but down the line hosting camps not only in cville but around the state in the off season. Would be dope to reach pockets of virginia that don’t always have accessibility to UVA hoops while also spreading the brand (without using the brand of course). Or workshops with high schoolers in a public school systems like hosting a clinic at McLean high school for high school ballers in that county, etc.

2 Likes

@Marktykobe is going to take on the camps…he has a ton of experience with it.

14 Likes

Wow, his skills and movement have improved since prior videos. And he looks to have a grown man physique now. I really think Murray and Milicic are going to be a different level of international player than we have seen in the past. Looking forward to seeing those guys compete.

7 Likes

My 1 year old is ready to roll up and dominate like when Dawn would cross kids up at Slaughter

3 Likes

On the one hand, I agree. He LOOKED like a grown man in that video and moved and shot very smoothly. On the other hand, I don’t want to make too much of a practice highlight video.

4 Likes

No wonder we haven’t pursued another wing!

That jumper looked pure :face_with_monocle::face_with_monocle::face_with_monocle:

1 Like