2021-22 Season Look Ahead

Interesting approach for olympic sports. Spread the wealth kinda approach (of course players can also still do their own thing as well)

Obviously a practice highlight with no defense but his handle looks tight as well. If true he has great size for that 3/4 hybrid role. Of course he has to guard at the other end too

1 Like

I read a post on another site where the OP claims a couple of players told him that “KC” and “RB” are shooting well.

3 Likes

New podcast from Phony that just dropped had Shedrick expressing that sentiment in the preview

6 Likes

Summertime we all shoot it well my brother!

8 Likes

No pressure when it’s hot! I fondly recall many summertime years of running with pros who came back to SoCal during the summer - epic open gyms! Best shape I was ever in to keep up with those dudes.

Yep when that red light comes on shyt changes

1 Like

My Slaughter stats were jersey in the rafters shit

10 Likes

Aging myself now
Many moons ago the Acc experimented with the three point line as most other conferences, however each conference had its own line. The year they experimented the line was inside the top of the key, literally one step back from the free throw line. We used the same line in intramurals. A lot of fast breaks ended up being pulled from the arc

Yea that was crazy to see on the court back then. Maybe because of Ralph?

I think no matter where the 3 would be players would figure out how to shoot it

1 Like

Definitely the Ralph neutralizer. It’s how NC State beat us in the ACC tourney championship.

3 Likes

That and the fact we didn’t take more threes during the year

1 Like

Kadin said he liked their CONFIDENCE shooting jump shot, not necessarily implying that they were hitting a lot of them.

Edit: intended to be humor

2 Likes

Also, it’s silly to parse these interviews. What’s he gonna say?, ‘oh man our guards are shooting like poo’

5 Likes

True - I played with a lot of dudes who confidently shot a lot of bricks.

3 Likes

Much like that person everyone knows who is frequently wrong but never uncertain.

2 Likes

Exactly. Last year the hot quote from players was that Justin McKoy was going to be a beast to be reckoned with that season. The JWilly comment about JAR’s defense and playing time proved true though (and ironically a lot of us seemed to dispel that comment as interview fluff).

I also found this quote from @Mikeysurf in the 2020-2021 Season thread from last August :rofl:

Tony loves to play 2 ball handlers at the same time. But with the backlog of players at the 2/3 spots, I wonder how much we’ll see it this season?

1 Like

A few players have made comments about picking up the pace a little this season, or being willing to push it more. And while I think we hear something similar every preseason, I’m willing to let myself believe it this season. This is the year we move out of the 350s in adjusted pace, and up to, oh, the 330s. Book it.

15 Likes

Easy there coach, let’s not get carried away here. I like to keep my Hoos around 59 ppg.

5 Likes

Sorry, but it’s a new era. If you can’t keep up, walk ever so slightly faster.

5 Likes