2021 Basketball Recruiting

Like I said before, he will be a lighting rod if he chooses UVA. Moreso than Kihei!!

1 Like

What drama? That’s all from the fans. The most dramatic thing Keels has done is wear different workout gear.

10 Likes

I hate all the pomp and drama that goes with this stuff. My highest respect goes to the guys who don’t announce anything at all - just quietly call the coaches who have recruited you and leave it at that. The media, fans, and everyone else can take a hike.

1 Like

I agree with your statement. To Keels credit, his camp shut the deception down and have kept things pretty quiet since the fall.

1 Like

Lol that was dark!

1 Like

He’s into pastels. Tipton Edits leaked he’s UNC-bound.

6 Likes

Social media hype = followers & media attention = future $$

Fun for the kids when done right.

I also appreciate a good bat flip, so maybe I’m too new school.

1 Like

I gotta say high schoolers who use social media for their own benefit really tick me off.

26 Likes

Come on Man! You use it for the good of us old men!

1 Like

You are missing a very important point. The HS kids with NBA hopes are already starting to build their brand and value. Don’t begrudge them one bit for starting to build on their financial future.

2 Likes

Someday we’ll all be as smart as you.

I believe there is really no connection between a high school kid’s social media presence and his NBA prospects. I believe there is a heavy connection between a kid’s on-court development and level of play and his NBA prospects. I just prefer quiet, humble guys who let their play speak for them. Give me Malcolm Brogdon and Joe Harris types every time. Just my preference.

3 Likes

I don’t think it’s affects a kid’s NBA prospects so much as his earnings potential by way of endorsements. If he already has a brand/following/sphere of influence by the time he makes it to the league (assuming he makes it) that is a leg up on someone who has to build all that from scratch.

3 Likes

Plus with the upcoming NIL, a guy who builds his profile before college will be able to earn more while in college.

2 Likes

From my understanding, that is the category that Keels falls into. He’s a hardworking, humble, quiet young athlete. He is just about 3-5 years ahead of those guys in development.

Don’t be fooled by his social media posts.

7 Likes

I didn’t get the message that Keels definitely isn’t coming to UVA.

1 Like

Keels had to commit soon because of all the transfers - he could have lost his preferred destination.

7 Likes

Bingo!

1 Like
3 Likes

Ha… @DFresh11 you made it! Meyer’s Mailbag! Forget about that Honorable All ACC… you can truly die a happy man now.

What Conference do you thinks gets the most teams furthest looking at how the bracket is set up?

Doug E Fresh Smith @fresh11_d

Overall the Big Ten is the strongest conference, but I love the top of the Big 12. I have Baylor, Kansas and Oklahoma State in my Elite Eight. In addition, I think Texas is capable of winning the whole thing, but I have Alabama beating them in the Sweet 16.

4 Likes