2021 Basketball Recruiting

why you trying to kill Fresh off Nut? I grew up with Jerry but from a distance. He was an unbelievable basketball player

4 Likes

Any reason to think we’ll get involved with Lucas Taylor the second go-round? I know we monitored the first time

No. That was filled by Taine Murray

1 Like

The first non Duke homer has put in a CB for Duke since he set his date.

1 Like

Just searched Klintman on verbalcommits, and learned that Bobbi’s brother, Ibbe, is a Small Forward (6’8’, 195 pounds) in the Class of 2021.

He played this past year at a prep school in PA (Scotland), and looks to have picked up his first two D-I offers (Central Arkansas, Northern Illinois) in the past two weeks.

Do we know if the staff has scouted and/or spoken with Ibbe Klintman?

1 Like

Is that his brother? I wasn’t sure. He’s said he has one brother and there’s also a younger Klintman on his old team in Sweden. No UVA isn’t involved with him though.

Ibbe retweets Bobi stories and offers, and the recent Bobi story linked says he has a “bigger” brother who also plays basketball, so it seems like they’re related?

https://twitter.com/ibbeklintman?s=21

2 Likes

Hey Trevor…

https://twitter.com/brauf33/status/1377088952243458057?s=19

7 Likes

Can say the same for Duke right? Trevor ain’t going to UK.

3 Likes

Yeah exactly. More the concept than Kentucky.

1 Like

That’s a double edged sword I think. The run UCLA is on is near historic in terms of how unexpected it is. Great for Juzang happy for the kid. However, there is something to be said for being the 3rd guy on a Zion Williamsonlike led Duke team that gets on national TV 30 times a year. In a typical UCLA like season they maybe get national attention once or twice a year. If I’m a Duke/UK/KU I throw that argument right back at them.

3 Likes

Probably a lot depends on the player. If you get on one of those teams and are the #3 guy, it probably makes sense. If like Juzang you have a hard time cracking the rotation year one, maybe not because you are gonna get recruited over year two.

2 Likes

No doubt, there’s a lot of moving pieces involved in all this. If you’re not cracking the rotation, then I always advocate that you go where you can, which is why I’m not mad at McKoy, and some other other Virginia transfers.

2 Likes

Yep totally agree there. Free transfers will just make it more difficult for kids out of high school to make the “right” decision the first time. But it gives them opportunities if things don’t work out.

1 Like

I’d like to see the cost of recruiting and assimilate each athlete to the campus, school, and team. How much are the schools losing due to commitment-free commitments?

I can guarantee you they’re bringing more in than they are losing.

4 Likes

Consensus is Duke, but don’t sell Virginia short.

https://twitter.com/CjHolmes22/status/1377354628531023872?s=19

4 Likes

Good piece. And had not realized we were final 3 for Grady. Story says he chose Kentucky over UNC and us.

2 Likes

Since when has the athletic done recruiting coverage

3 Likes

well they employ the oracle that is Andrew Slater.

7 Likes