2021 Basketball Recruiting

Takeaway for The Athletic piece is all three expect Duke to be the choice, but also all believe Virginia is very much in the mix as the most likely choice of “not Duke.”

3 Likes

crazy to think that we’re still in. I guess crazier things have happened.

1 Like

Don’t do this to yourselves fellas. Word is the commitment video is done. I’m sure this is part of Dukes pr push in the final days. They’ll be more leaks

11 Likes

I feel for ya Foresthoo!

2 Likes

Oh personally I think there is 0% chance for UVA. Interesting takeaway I had from the article was the angle that Tony has yet to land one of these really high profile recruits although it’s becoming much more common for us to be in the final conversation. As Eamonn points out it will be a surprise at least until Tony lands one for the first time.

5 Likes

What Dad wants, Dad gets.

I wish him luck.

We’re gonna be loaded next year when the dust settles.

3 Likes

Something you know that you can share with the rest of the class?

4 Likes

I think it won’t matter anyways because they’ll lift the 1 year college rule. There was Zero reason for Zion to play in college, lol. That block on D Hunter 3 point attempt was WILD

1 Like

Just hope springing eternal.

Keels pop’s has wanted Duke so he’s getting what he wants. Will it work out best for his son? I have my doubts. Lot of cooks in that kitchen.

We have loads of playing time and a hall of fame coach. I could be completely wrong but I like where we are at in terms of open minutes for talented players. Tony’s track record with transfers is pretty strong.

I choose to be optimistic.

7 Likes

The only guy who didn’t straight up rule us out was the Duke writer.

Just noticed that the @wejustdontmiss Twitter account that first predicted Keels to Virginia is suspended.

8 Likes

Wow I had completely forgotten about that account LOL

1 Like

That account literally didn’t miss, lol. Keels was a big UVA lean and ready to commit at that time. But we got Jared Butler’d again. Keels dad wants him at Duke.

We can hate all we want but Coach K is a legend and has done great things at Duke.

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/PaulBiancardi/status/1377647326806728704?s=19

1 Like

Lol so if u needed more confirmation that it ain’t gonna be uva, he’s doing it on espn

16 Likes

Maybe he commits then immediately goes into the Transfer Portal the next day

10 Likes

It’s on the deuce

1 Like

Lol what did I tell y’all about the Duke PR push. This is Dukes MO

5 Likes

It’s unfortunate that these kids make decisions based on “brand”. Cade Cunningham went OK State is the best player in basketball.

I get it… but I kind of don’t.

1 Like

Boynton hired Cade’s brother as an assistant. Cunningham was going to the highest bidder.

2 Likes

Silly comment. Cade is very well regarded. If that see the case he had gone to a blue blood.