2022-23 Lineup Conjecture fun

I think most just accept what the strategy is and are trying to be optimistic about it.

3 Likes

I did say open :wink:

1 Like

Still rolling with the guy whoā€™s shown he can make a significantly higher percentage lol

I need the UVa hoops serenity prayer. :joy:

3 Likes

Help me to know the difference ā€¦ and to never accept sub 40% 3 point shooting from UVA guards again!!!

1 Like

Are you familiar with the shooting numbers at the top 100 camp last summer?
Traudt was the leading shooter among all 100 from 3.

1 Like

Traudt won a shooting contest at the camp. He actually didnā€™t do much in the games at that same camp. Like I said Iā€™ll go with their overall AAU and high school careers which show McKneely is an elite shooter and Traudt is a nice shooter for a 6ā€™10 guy.

Now Traudtā€™s shot looks really good so there is all the reason in the world to believe he can become an elite shooter. But heā€™s not one yet and I believe McKneely already is.

5 Likes

Yeah Mckneely already has that thing where it looks like heā€™s shooting a layup from 3 sometimes. Not sure how to describe it other than itā€™s not ā€œshooting at the rimā€ itā€™s ā€œputting it IN the netā€

Maybe Iā€™m just seeing something where thereā€™s nothing idk lol

Edit: itā€™s like when you can tell a pitcher is ā€œaimingā€ the ball in baseball instead of just slinging it knowing heā€™s gonna hit his spot

7 Likes

I was replying to the question of who is the better wide open shooter and I also stated that the other Isaac is a better contested shooter. That being said in high school Traudt only faced double and triple teams all game long every single game. McKneely did not as he had a much better team to play with.
And itā€™s really just picking nitsā€¦ I think both can be 40% plus 3 point shooters

I also think Murray can be too as he already proved that last year ā€¦ in games where he got double figure minutes he shot 44% from three land.

3 Likes

I know Iā€™m just pointing out it was a one day sample size lol I also think Traudt can become a 40%+ 3 point shooter. He has the form for it. I just will be pleasantly shocked if he does it as a 1st year.

1 Like

Fresh - I love you but this is a fantasy. No disrespect. Hope Iā€™m wrong but he will shoot the same seasonal % next year because he will be a focal point and not an offensive afterthought which is what he was the last two years. Thatā€™s a big difference. Heā€™s a good player. If he can shoot he becomes great. Letā€™s hope he shoots above his percentage last year.

That said I hope Iā€™m dead wrong. I think Arman, Isaac and Taine will shoot it well. Look for Arman to be really good this year.

7 Likes

Great find. My favorite Shed play was the elbow jumper he hit against JMU. It was a no hesitation j that swished and as simple as it was reminded me that he actually has good shooting touch and needs to add that to his arsenal more. That adds just a little bit more spacing too

6 Likes

I believe as a team our 3pt shooting should take a big jump. I believe Traudt may be the best catch and shoot but im looking forward to McKneely shooting the contested 3. We havenā€™t had anyone since Kyle that can do that. Im going to my dreamland watching #Isaacsquared shoot 3ā€™s. @JoeBoxley when do the #Isaacsquared shirts hit the shelves and who gets the money?

4 Likes

lol

I think counting on consistent production from any of the 1st years is a mistake but Iā€™m still blindly optimistic about McKneely being a key contributor this season

2 Likes

2 coaches quoted havenā€™t beaten UVA since Clark has been here.

3 Likes

Paestners quotes are hilarious. Like its some fake article

5 Likes

You know when Pastner says ā€œas long as he doesnā€™t fall of a cliffā€ he means someone actually falling off a cliff in a national park or something.

7 Likes