2022-23 Out of Conference (non-ACC / non-UVa)

I jinxed it too

1 Like
6 Likes

Even if that squad gelled quickly itā€™d still lose a bunch of dumb early games. But itā€™s upside in March would be Natty.

SEC getting roughed up today

4 Likes

12 Likes

Edey is just destroying Michigan St right now.

1 Like

Edey with 31 points and 0 fouls so far. Seems crazy to be a center with 0 fouls.

Joey Hauser for MSU in that Kihei Clark zone of, ā€œHoly shit, heā€™s still around??ā€

2 Likes

I didnā€™t really enjoy watching the Purdue Edeyā€™s vs the Edey opponents on the Edey network. With a final score of Edey1 to Edey7, it just wasnā€™t very Edeytaining.

2 Likes

Yea Sam graduated 2 yrs ago now?

1 Like

More on the dreaded parity:

4 Likes

And Dausterā€™s take (which is where I found the tweet above)

I think Dauster explains why the bottom 10 (of top 50) is better, but as I noted in my earlier post, I think the fact that the best guys headed to the draft are either (1) not in college hoops (Scoot, Wembanyama, Thompson twins), or (2) not impacting top 50 college hoops (Smith at Ark who hasnā€™t played, Whitmore at Nova who was dinged and is playing on a mediocre team, Whitehead who keeps getting dinged), is a significant factor as to why the best teams seem very good, but not great.

3 Likes

How the hell is this game only on ESPN+ ???

Top ten tilt!

11 Likes

Yeah, I kinda like how the college hoops schedule is fixed, unlike college football, but that game is a good argument for being at least a little flexible.

3 Likes

But how would ESPN get people to say ā€œOh yeah, ESPN+ is a thingā€¦. Anyway, guess Iā€™ll just watch the highlights later on Youtube.ā€

2 Likes

So Iā€™ve lived in Europe for the past 19 years and for probably the first 10 of those years I had perhaps a 5% chance of seeing a UVa game live in any sport.

I get that itā€™s crazy nowadays that a game like that is inaccessible other than ESPN+, however overall Iā€™m just amazed how far weā€™ve come that you can literally consume EVERY teamā€™s basketball games some way or anotherā€¦

This level of access always reminds me of how we take for granted technology and this Louis CK joke about airplane WIFIā€¦

6 Likes

When I was a young grad, so early aughts, I distinctly remember driving around northern VA trying to get a clear signal for AM570 or whatever, to listen to UVa ACC gamesā€¦

1 Like

As someone who traveled a lot, I think my friends who live in ACC country are thankful that I no longer email them with requests to videotape games that were available only on Raycom.

6 Likes

Your struggle made Marc Cuban a lot of money.

1 Like
3 Likes

Lol, I think this is HILARIOUS!. Not the cancellation of the season, BUT the audacity to think this was a good idea. Sheā€™s flying around the court like Lebron Lol!

4 Likes