2022 ACC Tournament Thread

Totally, but everyone makes me nervous right now and I’m having FSU withdrawal I guess. But I get your point and in March, hot teams with shooting get on a roll…

1 Like

And with short rotation and lotta minutes for a couple guys (our guards) that is nothing easy

3 Likes

Agreed, IF we play well we can beat anyone!

That’s my biggest fear, by Friday night Reece and Kihei gonna be on wobbly legs. Jayden shown’ to get blown up in games after a big first half same with Kadin. Better have those boys soaking in ice baths immediately after games to restore the legs.

1 Like

I think 3 in a row is doable and ideal even when you are on a run and ballin. 4 is just another other level

5 Likes

Agreed it’s that 4th game that’s a lot. First one you get through cause you’re better, 2nd you’re tired but you know you’re doing something special 3rd you’re tapping into adrenaline but 4 the reserves are low, you’ve been living in a hotel for a week, holed up. Long time.

4 Likes

Exactly this. And its terrible cold up here right now ha

2 Likes

What would neutralize it to some degree would be meeting another team on a 4 game run in the final. So I’m going to be pulling for FSU, Syracuse, or Wake Forest on the other side, even though I know the odds of any of them taking down Duke are slim.

4 Likes

Look at those dumb percentages. Don’t they know the Syracuse-Virginia final I predicted in the bracket thread is destined to happen?

4 Likes

They are going off of BPI… not orange-shaded Virginia Fan Percentage Index (VFPI) like you are.

LOL!

2 Likes

Notre Dame was 11-1 against the bottom 6 ACC teams this year…4-4 against the rest, including just 2-2 vs. top 5 teams … classic case of beating the teams you are supposed to beat …and also getting to play the 6 worst teams twice each.

3 Likes

They dont scare me at all ND. But definitely had a solid solid year. A team impossible for me to hate

3 Likes

VT having almost as much of a chance to win as UNC despite having to play an extra game, likely against a team that just beat them, seems…like a statistical oddity.

5 Likes

If the Hoos had done the same thing and simply beat the teams we were supposed to beat while losing one of those… in ACC play … Record would be 14-6 in ACC play and 20-10 overall.

I am sick and tired of reading who is in and who is out of the tournament from people/reporters who are NOT on the NCAA committee. There is a set of of guidelines (not rules) that the committee will utilize to evaluate the tournament field and decide who gets in and who doesn’t. Again, these are guidelines, not rules. It isn’t an algorithm that spits out a list of teams who are “in”. If that was the case, then we wouldn’t have a committee. Long way of saying that the “eye test” still exists, and that if we make the ACC Tourney Finals, and lose, I still think we have a good shot at dancing. Helps if VA Tech and Wake lose early. We are in survive and advance mode, and I think we can do it.

5 Likes

Who does VT match up worse against, NCST or Clemson? Trying to figure out who to cheer for.

I think Clemson. Depending which NC State shows up

2 Likes

Late with my bracket. Sorry.

edit: Realized I posted in the wrong thread. Sorry about that.

1 Like

I tried to do them all with emoji but I had no idea what to do with FSU

1 Like