2022 Dream Class

6’3” in a lead guard. Don’t know that we’ll see a sub 6 footer for a long long time in UVA’s backcourt.

3 Likes

And yet no offer…

Sort of head scratching after how poorly that strategy went last cycle.

1 Like

I think the “this went poorly” is a bit of revisionist history. For most of the recruiting cycle we were operating under the assumption that there would be very little playing time available due to the classes of 2019 and 2020.

I am very cool with trying this again. Much preferable to throwing a million offers out there like we did before. We swung for the fences in 2021 and struck out. I’m cool with it and it matched the realities at the time

10 Likes

They haven’t even seen 2022 play in person. They’ll get to in a month. Completely different approach from 2021. No one really interested Tony in 2021 outside like 5 recruits regardless

I get what you mean regarding revisionist history. But does feel like we should have accounted for attrition regardless.

My point here is that it doesn’t seem to be as much as a luxury this year. If we expend resources into 2-3 kids, we’re then scrambling when/if they don’t work out. I also feel like it kind of opens up the opportunity for kids to extend their recruitment if they know we’re essentially saving them an open spot.

Even when TB gets his guy, it doesn’t always work out. Why not offer the kids we feel are good fits even if that means Option 1C commits and takes Option 1A/Bs spot.

Maybe to @Hooandtrue 's point, its just a matter of seeing them live and we’ll see things pick up.

2 Likes
6 Likes

If anyone is into watching high school film, a 10 minute highlights featuring 2022 pg target Seth Trimble (5 in white) and 2021 target David Joplin (4 in blue)

2 Likes

And if your not like a sane person shorter highlights of each

2 Likes

I think Trimble is a need. With the way CTB uses his PG, they need to be able to score etc. a true combo guard at 1

2 Likes

Trimble is definitely my favorite pg prospect. We need north to south poinguards who are aggressive. Also I think he is a much better 3 pt shooter now and still improving

3 Likes

It’s interesting I think CTB is trying to figure out the best players for his system - I don’t think the 2019 team will be his best team. Because I think he is learning what he needs / wants form that PG and his guards. All his guards need to be facilitators as well.

Jay Wright went through for a while before he won in 2016 and now Jay knows exactly what he needs. That’s why he’s so damn consistent.

1 Like

Nunez can’t dribble with his off hand so yeah I agree

Cause 2015 was his best team until Justin Anderson got injured.

2 Likes

I don’t think we’ve seen his best team yet

1 Like

From the highlight videos I’ve seen, Trimble is a shooting guard in the truest sense. I don’t think I’ve ever seen him pass the ball once. If there were such a thing as a “dunking guard”, he would be that.

1 Like

We need a dunking guard.

2 Likes

It’s a long video but im sure theres an assist or two in the first minute or two of the video. (please don’t watch the whole thing. Call a loved one and tell them how much they mean to you instead)

3 Likes

I shouldn’t watch Seth Trimble highlights. They’re too fun, and it’ll just make me sad when he ends up somewhere else.

6 Likes

Notable omission of Texas in this tweet?

1 Like

What are people’s read on Nunez’s game? Sounds like we are in a really good spot with him just curious what his game is like since I haven’t been paying too much attention

1 Like