2022 Dream Class

Lost in all the excitement today we picked up a 5 confidence crystal ball on Nunez from one of the UT mods. Not major news but nice to see nonetheless

https://247sports.com/PlayerInstitution/Austin-Nunez-at-Wagner-HS-253343/CurrentExpertPredictions/

20 Likes

I’d rather have Trimble than Nunez. Big lead guard capable of bullying other guards. I think Nunez is Beekman redux - really good point, but suspect outside shot. Trimble’s outside shot is not the prettiest either but he can get inside on other guards and his midrange looks pretty solid.

NUNEZ? He’s an amazing shooter with Ty Jerome range…

11 Likes

Nunez is not an ACC player if he has a suspect outside shot. That’s supposed to be one of his big strengths.

1 Like

Please be a guard who can shoot, that’s what wrong with our back court now.

2 Likes

The problem with our back court isn’t that we have a point guard that can’t shoot. Our problem is that we filled our back court with two point guards that can’t shoot

3 Likes

Was it that or was the problem the shooting guard who couldn’t shoot thus necessitating the 2 point guards who couldn’t shoot?/

3 Likes

So which is it, can he (Nunez) or can he not shoot?

I don’t know where any of this is coming from. Nunez shoots it really well. That’s the best part of his offensive game right now. Good feel, can stroke it. Sort of like London at the same point, only not quite that elite of a shooter but Nunez has a little better physical tools to become more.

25 Likes

But can he dribble with his off hand?

Yeah when I watch film of nunez it looks like we could even run lineups with him at the 2. The concerns are more is he able to get into the paint and create from that situation or is he able to get into the lane and finish layups through contact.

2 Likes

Nunez’s handle looks like a nascar race to me. Left turn only.

Ok - I watched some highlights and was not impressed, but again I’m not evaluating talent for a living. If shooting’s his strength, all the better - but it didn’t show in the clips I watched.

PS - I compare everyone to Kyle Guy and grade down from there. Maybe I’m spoiled.

1 Like

I’m impressed if you found highlights of him missing shots. Most highlights videos I see show nothing but makes. If I did.a highlight video of KC, one would think he was a great shooter.

We’d be extremely happy with Nunez or Trimble.

I don’t think Trimble will want to play in our systems and doesn’t have much of an outside shot, yet.

1 Like

Yeah Trimble’s weakness was his outside shot but he spent the summer working with his brother JP Tokoto (of UNC past) putting in work on his 3pt shot like Justin Anderson. It’s much improved but no idea if he can sustain it or improve it further.

1 Like

I expect Trimble to go to Marquette now with Shaka there. Fresh offer out.

Yup and David Joplin retweeted it with excited emojis or something of that nature.

Don’t think JP Tokoto had much a shot, maybe he’ll want someone else teaching him lol.

3 Likes

What’s with the ranking these days? How does a guard like Trimble get graded out in the top 100 and Jeremy Roach was a 5 star.

Same thing with Davion Mitchell

1 Like