2022 Dream Class

Any thoughts on David Joplin? He’s asked for his release from Texas and played in the same AAU program as Reece.

Jamie Oakes thought there may be some interest from our side once Texas grants a release.

1 Like

It seems like a lot of recruits are looking for a clear path to playing time, not a competitive practice environment.

2 Likes

They looked at Joplin. But I mean he’s from the Milwaukee area and the coach he committed to is going to Marquette. Most people kinda assume… And I don’t know, maybe he played with Reece when he was younger or something but not his last 2 summers. Jpolin was with D1 Minnesota (Adidas).

4 Likes

Yeah I thought Marquette would be a given so it caught my eye that it was even brought up.

2 Likes

Taine will determine that …

1 Like

Taine is going to be so good… Will make an impact in year 1

2 Likes

Depends on who we get transfer-wise obviously, but do you think he starts? Or at least is 1st man off the bench?

I’m not going start talking about 2023 until June and not in any serious way until next Fall but there’s a lot of this going on right now. Spring AAU is always the time assistants start evaluating rising juniors. Blair is a Steward School/Team Loaded guy everybody will be after.

6 Likes

Man, that one makes me feel old. Remember watching his Dad at PH-Roanoke.

2 Likes

His dad went on to play at Richmond, right? It will be interesting to see how much of a factor that is in his recruitment.

Does this mean we struck out on 2022 recruiting too?

2 Likes

Yeah, pretty sure he played at Richmond. The PH team he played on was really good. I think they beat Mourning in the state semis or finals his senior year.

2 Likes

His Dad could shoot the rock. Didn’t know he was an NBA referee until googling him.

1 Like

Shelby has UVA in his I think was top 10. But no offer that I’m aware of.

1 Like

High school recruiting is still a thing?

5 Likes

Him and Dort still considered a package deal???

Should we offer him real quick?

Probably ends up that way. His dad is Dort’s guardian

2 Likes

Yep there’s the other one

4 Likes

Chris Beard did hire some new shiny assistants at Texas.