2022 Fall Recruiting Thread: Gertrude Watch, Tony on the Road, and the 2024s

Amazed at how refined some guys can be at such a young age esoecially at shooting. Janowski has that look

4 Likes

No idea. Earliest I remember was an Eric Bossi article hyping up Elijah as a sleeper and saying Virginia was showing interest back in April.

3 Likes

Thats probly it then and you posted here etc etc.

We did some pretty quick work from 0 to commited looking back

4 Likes

Elijah met you and got excited probably. Was like “Is that the bag man? Is he going to bring me bags one day?”

10 Likes

Hahaha. Proly

First reference on LRA seems to be from @UVApride7

May 24

(Though I think you have to do a separate search for vip threads)

6 Likes

They do things different in WI. A 6-4 backcourt player with post movies and no ATR finishes.

2 Likes

Yes! Exactly it as was the week before my son’s HS graduation. Thanks

Thanks @haney and @UVApride7, unreal catch there

3 Likes

@Hooandtrue probably had him on the radar already, but has to keep a few close to the vest! :wink:

4 Likes

Yeah Janowski looks better than any of the remaining guards we have been mentioned with outside of Elmarko

2 Likes

Lol. How it actually went down

Me scanning the twitter of whoever Williford follows: Gets to Elijah Gertrude’s profile.

Oh both Williford and Wilkins follow him. That seems significant. Better check notes “keep this close to the vest”. lol

Also I regret going to go get this screen shot cause I saw TJ Power’s new twitter profile pic

9 Likes

ElMarko’s Kansas visit.

3 Likes

Definitely could see him at Kansas

1 Like

random Caleb Williams getting shots up clip

Think he’s a Harris/Hauser type but slightly more athletic coming out of HS. But his basketball IQ was what stood out to me when I watched team takeover U16. Like that stud Isaiah Collier pg kid, Williams was a breathe of fresh air to watch amidst the aau chaos.

Poster on the Sabre who follows KS seemed to think (likely based on reading KS boards) that ND is a bigger player than has been reported. Interesting and plausible. No idea if it’s correct. But it makes sense. (Yet recruiting often doesn’t make sense so who knows…)

It’s funny because that ended up being a mess up on 247’s part, he hadn’t been offered yet according to HGN. With that being said though I will now take full credit for getting the ball rolling and us inevitably landing him.

7 Likes

Makes sense. ND says “Blake Wesley was a one and done. You are also a one and done. Good talk”.

3 Likes

Yea definitely not offered then but what you shared only said INTEREST. Maybe you smartly inferred!

1 Like

That early on it was all instincts, I just knew lol.

1 Like

Timing was perfect for me. Assuming I helped in anyway ha

1 Like