2022 Fall Recruiting Thread: Gertrude Watch, Tony on the Road, and the 2024s

When that happens, you’re very likely looking at part of the Bennett coaching tree as a replacement. Sanchez, JWilly, and a really outside shot at McKay.

1 Like

Sanchez shouldn’t be given any consideration given how he’s done at Charlotte. Imagine you are implying McKay will be too old by then? Or that he might not want to leave Liberty? If he was still active and willing to leave he’d be the natural choice give his head coaching success. If not then J Willy will be the easy selection. Seems a few people have dropped hints over the last year that he’ll be the guy after TB.

1 Like

Coach Jerome in the house

4 Likes

I’d love JWilly as long as he had a old hand on staff with him initially

3 Likes

Vandross kid. Wing army

2 Likes
10 Likes

Yo @Hooandtrue you seem the best at this. Any way you can find when Elijah Gertrude was first mentioned here on LRA? Maybe @HoozGotNext would know as well…

I personally definitely saw his name on here first before meeting them etc. Just curious

1 Like
5 Likes

Amazed at how refined some guys can be at such a young age esoecially at shooting. Janowski has that look

4 Likes

No idea. Earliest I remember was an Eric Bossi article hyping up Elijah as a sleeper and saying Virginia was showing interest back in April.

3 Likes

Thats probly it then and you posted here etc etc.

We did some pretty quick work from 0 to commited looking back

4 Likes

Elijah met you and got excited probably. Was like “Is that the bag man? Is he going to bring me bags one day?”

10 Likes

Hahaha. Proly

First reference on LRA seems to be from @UVApride7

May 24

(Though I think you have to do a separate search for vip threads)

6 Likes

They do things different in WI. A 6-4 backcourt player with post movies and no ATR finishes.

2 Likes

Yes! Exactly it as was the week before my son’s HS graduation. Thanks

Thanks @haney and @UVApride7, unreal catch there

3 Likes

@Hooandtrue probably had him on the radar already, but has to keep a few close to the vest! :wink:

4 Likes

Yeah Janowski looks better than any of the remaining guards we have been mentioned with outside of Elmarko

2 Likes

Lol. How it actually went down

Me scanning the twitter of whoever Williford follows: Gets to Elijah Gertrude’s profile.

Oh both Williford and Wilkins follow him. That seems significant. Better check notes “keep this close to the vest”. lol

Also I regret going to go get this screen shot cause I saw TJ Power’s new twitter profile pic

9 Likes