2022 Fall Recruiting Thread: Gertrude Watch, Tony on the Road, and the 2024s

As we learned with the “funny story”. Even if they “hush hush” commit = still recruit everyone you can.

Also remember staff would absolutely take both hypothetically. Or atleast at least that’s how I have interpreted @HoozGotNext answer in his recent mailbag. It’s on the player’s end where that wouldn’t shake out

4 Likes

The “who’s expected” list has gotta be the most annoying report in recruiting. And then you throw in a possibly to top it off.

7 Likes

Also, PUBLIC commitment. LJ silently committed but we saw how that worked out. Conceivably we could know we are getting Gertrude but we have to get a public commitment before we stop recruiting other guys.

2 Likes

There’s a lot of talent in the North Carolina 2024 class so they are making the rounds as well. Also Dilione is there as well.

2 Likes

This is what collegiate sports has “evolved” to. Disgusting. These are amateurs, not professionals.

You can see Tony and who I think is Vandross in the background the hoop on the left side sitting by themselves

3 Likes
10 Likes

Not sure if Tony or Getter only will show up. Kentucky offered but no idea if heavily pursuing or just building goodwill with an otherwise enraged fan base.

Saw some scouts linked to the Kentucky grassroots scene say he could be better than Reed Sheppard

1 Like

Capitalism, man.

Imagine telling a professional baseball player in the 1960s that the average salary was $4.4M per year by 2022.

Now imagine telling regular Joe in the 1960s that in the future you can make millions posting videos of pranks on Tik Tok. They’d be like what the fuck is a tik tok.

5 Likes

Not arguing economics, just the amateur status vs professional. Should these guys get agents next? It’s trending that way.

They already do. Fairly certain NIL agents are a thing

(my last post on this on this thread - I currently have no opinion on 2022 fall recruiting)

2 Likes

Travis Perry vs Reed Sheppard last summer. You can see Tony in the thumbnail on top of the bleachers. Kyle Getter in the white-ish shirt.

1 Like

Do wonder if Tony hung around in NC or headed back to DMV/onto his next destination.

Davin Cosby has an unofficial to Wake Forest on the 24th.

Yep, you’re right. They sure do.

1 Like

I’d go the other way (though with the same poor opinion of the status quo): these are professionals, not amateurs. Either way, this crazy “in-between” nonsense is a disaster.

1 Like

College athletes being amateurs died in 1984

1 Like

Williford hitting up the DC kids. Might be living out of his car the next few weeks in the DC area hitting up all the schools for all the 2024s and 2025s

3 Likes

Plus we know with our recent recruiting, that it can turn on a dime. Keep recruiting other prospects until you get a commitment.

5 Likes

I’m glad to hear this, because we cannot wait around for another TJ Poop episode. No longer letting these kids play these games, just offer multiple people at multiple positions and let them figure it out.

2 Likes

We’ve always done that. Just that this year the only ones Tony liked were Milan and TJ Power. And it’s hard to sell a talented 4 to come in a class right behind Ryan Dunn and Isaac Traudt, even if they are unproven

1 Like