2022 Fall Recruiting Thread: Gertrude Watch, Tony on the Road, and the 2024s

@Hooandtrue missed one.

Nigerian Hunter: Hoos

1 Like

:rofl: :beers::large_orange_diamond::large_blue_diamond:

That was me thanking them for agreeing with me that H&T was a great poster in here.

1 Like

@HoozGotNext or anyone who would know. Didnā€™t UVA used to have camps like this? Not for youngins but for basketball prospects from High schools around the area.

1 Like

Last elite camp UVA had in 2015. Was about as stacked as any ever anywhere. Keldon Johnson Chris Lykes Markelle Fultz. Prentiss Hubb Armando Bacot.

Sidenoteā€¦funny to see Tyler Herro liked that tweet.

11 Likes

Will most likely be one of the 50 2024 recruits at our Home game vs Houston. Houston Tennessee Virginia Wake Forest

Virginia : ā€œCoach (Tony) Bennett just came by last week to watch me work out. He is telling me Iā€™m one of the main guys and I fit their game. They let me know how their organization runs.ā€

ā€œI want to play,ā€ Harris said. ā€œI know I am going to have to come in and earn my spot, but I want to opportunity to come in and play. Winning games is going to matter to me, too, I want to play for a hard coach who will hold me accountable, and I know I will get better.

ā€œIā€™m going to look closely at the academic side. I want to major in Sports Medicine or something like that, so I want to make sure the academic side works when Iā€™m on these visits.

ā€œLocation wonā€™t matter as long as my people and my family are able to watch me play

Juke Harris is a legitimate big guard. He is at least 6-foot-6, with long arms and broad shoulders, giving him a projectable frame moving forward. Harris is comfortable on the ball, handling and creating in the half-court. He is also a smooth shooter, with confidence from beyond the arc. We would like to see him elevate his release point on his jumper, especially off the catch, but the form and release are good with this minor tweak. Harris is a good athlete, but he is not super bursty. His IQ and feel allow him to get to his spots off the bounce. He is a good team defender and understands angles and footwork on that end of the floor. With his frame and natural skill set, there is a pretty high ceiling for what he could continue to grow into.

16 Likes

Donā€™t really care about him not coming to Virginia. But man, a kid from Richmond going to Alabama for basketball over an ACC school prioritizing him (Wake Forest). The times are changing.

11 Likes

Good luck but mistake

3 Likes

He will definitely have a good time. Whether he gets better, wins games, and makes his PRO dreams come true. We will have to see.

1 Like

While I had hoped he stayed in the ACC, canā€™t say I blame him. Nate Oats vs Steve Forbes seems like an easy decision to me.

2 Likes

Iā€™m not sure I personally understand the Nate Oats hype tbh. He seems like a guy who gets a lot of praise with not a ton of results. Not saying there arenā€™t any results, but itā€™s not like heā€™s set the world on fire by any means.

2 Likes

Just an FYI they were double league champs in 21

edit - Alabama that is.

1 Like

Heā€™s done much more than Forbes and isnā€™t a weirdo

1 Like

https://twitter.com/JaxonPrunty/status/1573797592508633088

Good that he has options.

5 Likes

Although back in the day (late 70s/early 80s, I think), there were three brothers who played for some very good Benedictine teams, and all three went to Auburn, if I am not mistaken. Bob Bundy went from Manchester to Vanderbilt. But, then, how many folks think of Vanderbilt as SEC?

1 Like

Oats has been good at Bama. Players love him and heā€™s a good recruiter. Has a chance to be one of the top coaches in the game.

I donā€™t have anything against him other than he coaches Bama. Would be thrilled if he ever coached UVA once Tony retires.

Unless there is shadiness Iā€™m not aware of.

3 Likes

Meh- heā€™s had a couple of good years so far, but is still new at Bama.

Players love him? I would hope that all players love their coach, otherwise they should transfer.

Good recruiter? Okay well letā€™s see him win his conference, and conference tournaments consistently.

Not saying youā€™re wrong, but nothing special for me yet,except he has Alabama money!

Mike Young is totally gonna steal that pose with the league tournament championship trophy idea.

2 Likes

Yea probably wouldnā€™t be possible with Bama money but if TB unexpectedly retired early Oats would be number 1 on my wishlist.

1 Like