2022 Fall Recruiting Thread: Gertrude Watch, Tony on the Road, and the 2024s

ElMarko’s Kansas visit.

3 Likes

Definitely could see him at Kansas

1 Like

random Caleb Williams getting shots up clip

Think he’s a Harris/Hauser type but slightly more athletic coming out of HS. But his basketball IQ was what stood out to me when I watched team takeover U16. Like that stud Isaiah Collier pg kid, Williams was a breathe of fresh air to watch amidst the aau chaos.

Poster on the Sabre who follows KS seemed to think (likely based on reading KS boards) that ND is a bigger player than has been reported. Interesting and plausible. No idea if it’s correct. But it makes sense. (Yet recruiting often doesn’t make sense so who knows…)

It’s funny because that ended up being a mess up on 247’s part, he hadn’t been offered yet according to HGN. With that being said though I will now take full credit for getting the ball rolling and us inevitably landing him.

7 Likes

Makes sense. ND says “Blake Wesley was a one and done. You are also a one and done. Good talk”.

3 Likes

Yea definitely not offered then but what you shared only said INTEREST. Maybe you smartly inferred!

1 Like

That early on it was all instincts, I just knew lol.

1 Like

Timing was perfect for me. Assuming I helped in anyway ha

1 Like

Interested to know what you think of his shot. I don’t know nuthin, and maybe it’s the lefty thing, but his shot looks beautiful to me.

I think everyone on this board agrees that the record books will show you carried the Gertrude recruitment. If he ends up being a lottery pick you better have a seat at that table come draft night.

12 Likes

I like it a lot. Flip right?

From video looks more like a scorer/ bucket getter than just a pure shooter. For those that follow Jerry Meyer recruiting, that is exactly the way Jerry played in HS

Always remember your shot from sophomore year in HS to college changes a bunch. Will be stronger and shooting it higher etc. Maybe a lil less flat

Dude just looks very refined early in his career

1 Like

Thats what Im talkin about. Only guy to wear Virginia sweats and Gertrude jersey in the green room

7 Likes

My brotha

Might be off on this - and I think I’ve said it before - but Janowski gives me some heavy JJ Redick vibes. Versatile scorer, potential to be lethal from range, with some attitude, but probably not quite good enough to leave college too early. He’s probably going to be an absolute pain to all the teams who don’t land him and have to regularly play him. Would love for him to be a Hoo.

9 Likes

Exactly. But he’s also very quick release and seems to be always ready to shoot.

But I agree, his release point is pretty low, which will have to change before he gets to UVA…

1 Like

Hes like a sniper. If its quick enough it may not need to change much. Good size at 6’4 right?

1 Like

He is incredibly quick, and 6’ 4" is good. But seems like he’s gonna get that swatted in the ACC–especially since he doesn’t seem to elevate all that much. I noticed no dunks in the highlights.

From this clip I like him a lot. Will get quicker stronger etc

1 Like

So he’s a raging douchebag unless he comes to Virginia?

16 Likes