2022 Fall Recruiting Thread: Gertrude Watch, Tony on the Road, and the 2024s

Quite possibly. But if he comes to UVA, he’s our raging douchebag.

And JJ was pretty damn good.

11 Likes

This such a good pull for a comp.

1 Like

Arrogance isn’t what made Reddick a douche bag. Some arrogance is good, if not needed. Wanting to be a douche bag by picking duke is what made Reddick a douche bag.

3 Likes

He needs to watch this as you got me thinkin

3 Likes

Random stumbled on this TB high school full game on youtube. Once you get past the weird quasi scrimmage warm up, #25 in white comes out gunning.

12 Likes

I wouldve paid to see Crotty vs TB in high school. 95 percent chance of a fight

9 Likes

Holy shit Nick Janowski is just a 6’2/6’3 Tony bennett LOL that’s hilarious.

8 Likes

That Mullin video should be required viewing for any left handed shooter. My son is a lefty and Il’ve made him watch it 50 times. A few more Mullin shooting videos out there that I found and used as well.

3 Likes

Absolutely. He strokes it so nice but also kinda flicks it. Muscle memory and he was sneaky 6’8 proly

Saw St Johns once live in his era. He shot like an assassin.

St Johns was a very tough place to play before they moved to MSG.

1 Like

I think that place is still tough to play at. I played in that gym one time for some corporate event and I was killing our customers. I was also proly 26 then so that was easy

2 Likes

They beat uva in the NIT in that gym. Marcus Hatten era. Fun gym for a game, but sucks getting out there / getting back.

1 Like

We are off on a tangent about pre Big East basketball in the greater New York area. St Johns and Seton Hall were tough places to visit in the late 60s. Big City police on the baseline, backed up by Rin Tin Tin.

Students on a Wednesday night - sodas thrown.

3 Likes

JJ was always a Duke fan even as a young kid. He would come over to my house to shoot hoops with my son fully dressed out in his Duke gear when he was 12 yrs old. He was ALWAYS going to Duke.

7 Likes

Well, then, he was always a douche bag. But not because he was arrogant.

1 Like

JJ could pull up just past the half court line and drain 3’s in the 8th grade. My son played point gaurd at Cave Spring in Roanoke during JJ’s time there. I saw virtually every high school game he played in person. Some of the shooting feats he displayed were jaw dropping. I wanted him to go to UVA so bad. But it was no use. It was always Duke.

3 Likes

Same, I saw him torch Niagara at St. John’s one night.

Sorry to continue the off topic discussion in this thread but…NYC Point Gods - must see viewing for anyone with an appreciation for the late 70’s through early to mid 90’s era bball in nyc, Big East and ACC. Already watched three times and certain to be more. Sure dfresh appreciates the Kenny Anderson segment.

4 Likes

Man I love all of it. And especially Kenny A.

If you want to look at great form in a jump shot, you need to find some videos of Lou Hudson! :grin:

1 Like