2022 Recruiting Offers (New Thread)

I guess so but I honestly don’t think this offer has a ton to do with Taylor. I could be off base but he’s more of a guard/wing hybrid whereas I think Klintman is a wing who could/would play small ball four. Murray and McKneely are the real competition for taylor but who knows how that plays out.

I love that half his mixtape is passing

5 Likes

"I would say I play a little like DeAndre Hunter.”

and “I wouldn’t say I am a fan of any college but one of my favorite colleges that I looked up to was Texas and Virginia,” he said. “I watched them on national tv since I was like 14.”

17 Likes

Confirmed the Klintman offer is legitimate.

26 Likes

All my offers are legit, HGN.

36 Likes

Exactly right.

12 Likes

So my question about Maliq Brown is that, since he is about 6’8 and not 6’10-7’0, what would differentiate him from a Justin McKoy? Justin isn’t getting a lot of time now in lieu of Papi and Kadin who are both 7 feet, so why would Maliq Brown play?

Awesome! There are 2 things I would like to know about this recruitment/offer: 1) odds of an early commitment (guessing low with NBA interest as noted on IG); and 2) who we might have on the continent facilitating contact and character/pillars vetting.

2 Likes

Wow I got a great laugh out of him tagging Phony. :joy:

4 Likes

I think Brown would be more athletic than McKoy. Not saying McKoy isn’t athletic. But I wouldn’t describe him as a plus athlete either

1 Like

Might depend how 6’8 he actually is. Is he Darion Atkins 6’8 or is he Isaiah Wilkins 6’8?

4 Likes

I am psyched for the Bobi offer. First, and most importantly, great name. Second, I do really like his tape. Hard to evaluate too much because of the level of competition, but watching his tape I was reminded more of Dre than a lot of the guys we’ve recruited in the Dre mold. Now that’s an insanely high bar - I’m not saying he is Dre - but something about his overall game did legitimately hit that note for me, whereas some guys we’ve sold on filling the Dre spot I didn’t see it as clearly.

5 Likes

So do I Phony. I’m 64 and could make a nice tape of me shooting the ball. Well maybe 30 years ago

1 Like

I think this is important. We’ve been nationally relevant or elite since 2014 when these kids were 10-11 years old. They don’t have memories of a time when we weren’t a great team.

7 Likes

McKoy is at best Zay-style 6’8". I’d bet he’s between 6’5" and 6’6", which is part of why he struggles so much at the 5.

3 Likes

Agreed. And think the true height of Maliq Brown could be a huge factor in whether he ultimately is offered or not.

2 Likes

Thanks coach glad you’re out there rocking it on the recruiting trail.

6 Likes

Not sure if I quoted properly, but I don’t think Traudt and Hauser are remotely comparable. They’re both white and can shoot, but that’s it. Traudt is a lot more like Trey or Dre than Sam.

2 Likes

McKoy isn’t a Wilkins project, he’s a gill project. He’s in year 2 of the 5 year vision.

In the ideal 2022 5 man recruiting class: a pg, a combo shooting guard, a trey murphy or Hunter clone, a stretch 4, and a Mamadi forward or a center depending on what we dont add as a transfer in 2021.

Bobi is very much a small forward who can play 4 in small ball. Traudt is a stretch 4 with perimeter skills to play 3 in bigger line ups or is able to switch around alot on offense and defense with the 3 who can play 4 prospect, like Bobi. I also agree with @Hoosnick that Traudt can also be seen as a trey murphy clone but also has a better handle and better slashing ability coming out of HS.

4 Likes

@HoozGotNext is Bobi someone any of our staff have had eyes on in person or is this now the 3rd offer based solely on film?