2022 Recruiting Scenarios

This should probably be in the October recruiting thread but what the hay

Keels - UVA - 10/15
Kaufman - IU - 10/24
Houstan - Bama - 11/9

2 Likes

Kaufman- UVA- we have room and a major need for him.
Houstan- UVA- coaching record and ACC coverage, plus a combo guard position is ideal for him vs. a power forward.
Keels- IDK- if not UVa then I hope Villanova.

Let’s see how well we know the personalities of our recruits. How will they announce? haha

Houstan is the easiest. He’s not on social media. Tipton edit, quotes delivered to usual reporters in advance.

Keels would go on ESPN but he’s too worried about leaks to give a date. Video posted on IG with an hour’s warning. Long video, starting with baby pictures.

Kaufman is the hardest to guess. I’ll go edit which gets delayed a week and half while he asks for tweeks to the design.

16 Likes

lol’d

4 Likes

Keels will have a separate commitment video for each school. He’ll release the wrong videos first to make sure no one knows where the hell he’s committing.

13 Likes

I’d go:

Keels - Duke
Kaufman - UVA
Houstan - Bama

Keels with an almost equal chance to go UVA, and Kaufman an almost equal chance UNC. Idk why I just don’t see IU happening with Kaufman

2 Likes

Kauffmans recruitment for IU probably feels like every single RVA prospect we try to snag

15 Likes

A few weeks ago I saw a rumor on the Purdue Rivals board that suggested Kaufman was likely to leave the state. Which is interesting since the Indiana board thinks it’s basically UVA/UNC vs home (Not UVA/UNC vs Indiana as a program which I found interesting).

Anyways. I think Keels already has a sense of where he is headed. But will he be the first to announce idk.

1st: Keels 50/50 Duke/UVA slight lean towards Duke.
2nd: Kaufman: UVA unless UNC made a strong late push with Roy taking over but wouldn’t be surprised with an Indiana pick.
3rd: Caleb: If we don’t have Keels I think we have a REAL good shot. Just from reading the quotes, seeing what Jamie Oakes has said, etc. We have the DeAndre/Klay Thompson/Joe Harris/Sam Hauser/Potentially Trey Murphy Model. Other schools don’t, even with the Alabama-Canada connection.

6 Likes

. UVA gets 2 of them. Can’t say which 2. Sorry but I cant pick a team over UVA in anything. I would have said all 3 if we had the scholarships

2 Likes

Keels and Kaufman Virginia

6 Likes

Keels- UVA 11/1 or 11/2. Get it in between Halloween and election night.

Houston- UVA 11/13. Big announcement during signing week.

Kaufman- UVA April 8. Doesn’t pull the trigger in the fall so he can officially visit UVA and UNC in the spring. Silently commits on his visit but has to wait for a scholarship to open up before announcing it publicly.

7 Likes

Kaufman UNC 10/23, Video on his own insta with his mom
Keels UVA 11/1, leaked a day or two before some sick edit comes out
Houstan UVA, 11/8, Tipton edit

1 Like

If that happens, many bricks will be shat.

3 Likes

I could see us getting all 3 if we didn’t have a heavy roster already. I could also easily see us getting none of the three LOL.

1 Like

I believe it is now UVA vs UNC for Kaufman fwiw.

4 Likes

Is that based on anything in particular or just a hunch?

Probably that instagram story about not doing stuff to make other people happy

3 Likes

Educated guess. Hope it’s better than my Taine to Stanford BS (although I believe a couple things combined to make me look like a fool).

Edit: not from that IG post, although that certainly didn’t do anything to change my mind. I’ll come clean if he picks the Hoosiers. :wink:

3 Likes

We need Kaufman. I dont care which of the other two come. Or neither… we are stacked.

1 Like

Did this dude say Mckeely made 102 three pointers in five minutes? If so, The media should never interview him again. He is not credible.

1 Like