2022 Recruiting Scenarios

Whack, isn’t it, Tu?

World record is 133. Tyler Herro and Joe around 100 on average I think (I read somewhere idk a while ago). Wouldnt seem too impossible. Kids seems like a 3 point snipper.

I am just very high on McKneely (even watched a game of his that was on youtube/ very low scoring affair you can see how their coach draws on the bennett influence lol). I think he can be a better Kyle Guy. He’s much more athletic, taller by 2-3 inches, and gets his shot off fast and smoothly. Guy does get his shot off faster but McKneely is taller. Also while I think McKneely is much more talented at this point, Guy had extreme confidence/ a strong moxie mentality that a lot of higher ranked guys have. Swagger I think it’s called. I haven’t really seen that with McKneely but he is fearless with his dunk attempts though. But mentality is a HUGE factor (Im in the extremes in that I think of it more as 55% mentality/ 45% skill level as to what makes a player great).

It’s because of such that I am also excited for McCorkle. Dude has swagger and locked up Zion two years ago lol

4 Likes

They are not saying TAKE. They are saying he MADE 102 in five minutes. You said the world record is 132. I wondered what’s the distance. But tu make 102 in five minutes is just unbelievable in my opinion.

2 Likes

Could also be that we are seeing a generation who grew up watching Steph Curry come to fruition. It is inevitable. 3 point chuckers were already present in pick up games in the last 3-4 years (myself included, don’t blame me blame the changing times)

Full context, although I don’t know if it makes much difference, is it wasn’t all within a 5 minute window. He said it was the total made in 1 minute windows from 5 different spots. Still we’re talking 20+ makes per minute. Not much time for misses in there.

Also there’s this

5 Likes

Right…gotta hit dang near every one of them you chuck up each minute!

Pretty dang impressive, indeed. I wonder how long that drill lasted?

1 Like

True story: The very first shot I attempted as a high school sophomore was from the corner…and I stepped out of bounds wth my back foot.

5 Likes

aw. man, that’s whack

:joy:. I sort of think there won’t be an announcement for Houstan. He kinda just shows up one day in a uniform and everybody goes “huh, when did that happen?”

Kaufman’s mom commits to Tony with a somewhat revealing Tik Tok. Unfortunately son still commits elsewhere through usual channels.

Keels. For those old enough, his announcement is the equivalent of the movie Heaven’s Gate, incredibly expensive to produce, heavy buzz from the critics but ultimately a really low return on the investment - unless it’s UVA in which case it is Citizen Kane and Godfather I and II rolled into an Avengers- like box office appeal.

10 Likes

My turn.

Kaufman - UNC (10/23)
Keels - Duke (10/31)
HOOStan - UVA (11/7)

1 Like

Here’s mine, pardon the sarcasm in advance - I’m already jaded on the theatrics of high school recruiting, but appreciate the times and that everyone does things in different ways.

Houstan - totally agree with htraylor - before I read his (her?) post and laughed that he had the same idea (first). Houstan just shows up unannounced publicly and starts practicing. Nobody - literally nobody - knows in advance.

Kaufman - goes to an Indiana practice to support his buddies, violating protocol, and announces his commitment to Virginia from the Indiana practice on Tik-Tok. Says Carolina doesn’t actually produce NBA wings anymore because he only remembers Theo Pinson.

Keels - the only one whom I’d support doing the dirty trick of fake-picking a Duke hat and then grabbing his Virginia hat. Duke deserves every bit of it.

5 Likes

You didn’t designate a year?

What are we talking about, Nunez? He’s a 22.

I want to see your predictions Z…?

Nunez - May 5th
McKneely - June 15th
Traudt - July 10th

Houstan: UVA
Kaufman: UVA
Keels: UVA

They all announce at the same time on a live stream zoom then Rock Paper Scissors for which one walks on for his first year, funded by the proceeds of bag droppings from Duke boosters

5 Likes

Non sarcastically, that UNC talking point about not producing NBA wings is actually a big one and why it’s hurting them in landing top 10 players recently (outside cole anthony) for a blue blood. Nassir Little was the last and that whole experiment did not go over well. Roy seems to do well with the 20-50 ranked guys and the occasional Marcus Paige/Kenny Williams

I’m gonna be the elephant in the room with Kaufman. I know the comparison UVa uses is Hunter or at least reported who they are using. Maybe it’s me but I see Gill, not Hunter. I see more Hunter in Houstan than Kaufman.

I think they had Gill in mind when they started going after him hard but he knows he can’t play in the NBA as a 4 so they switched to talking up Hunter and that intrigued him. For the most part they played Hunter at small ball 4 during the Championship run with the 3 guards and Diakite.

3 Likes

I got out of the prediction business along time ago, but I think LaVell Blanchard picks Michigan.

Seriously I’ve been hearing Duke for Keels for a couple of months from trusted sources.
Have always thought the local pull for Kaufman was too strong for the ‘Hoos to overcome.
Hope they go the other way, but after 60+ years I’ve learned not to get my hopes up.
#positivevibes

3 Likes