2022 Recruiting Scenarios

Cameron Johnson?

edit: we’re talking about recruiting freshmen I think, my bad. Still, can’t Roy point to his use of Cam, who just went 11th overall?

2 Likes

Zirkle has been saying this since way back before it became fashionable. He’s a notorious pessimist, but don’t doubt Z’s contacts. haha

3 Likes

So do you know if dad or Duke leads for Baldwin? Or is Steward a likely OAD? Can say I’m really not a fan of the idea of a Duke team with Banchero surrounded by Baldwin, Keels, and Steward.

1 Like

Highlights from event over the weekend. I believe staff had someone watching (Tyler Nickel there as well as other prospects)

6 Likes

Either JT got taller or Tyler nickel isn’t 6’8 like he’s listed

2 Likes

Very much 6’6. Tweener. But he’s a baller. If we have more 2022 schollies open up (transfers/Early NBA entrees) I would love for him to get a serious look from the staff, assuming the two schollies we do have in 2022 right now are used on a pg and a big.

1 Like

Taylor definitely looks like he grew. Looks like he jumped from 14 to 17 during lockdown.

1 Like

So I think Eli Bennett is on that team. Could TB go as a parent?

1 Like

Yep. Kevin Keatts used to go to his son’s dead period AAU games. There was someone on his team NCSU was recruiting at the time.

1 Like

He has better perimeter skills than Gill but Kaufman is not Hunter either. I say Mike Scott.

4 Likes

I would love another Mike Scott. He probably should’ve been ACC POY his final season.

3 Likes

Damn Justin need some sun.

2 Likes

Mike got robbed and he told us he was pissed. People I know had strong words for the reporter who didnt even have Mike on first team All ACC which hurt his chances by one point. He will never get an interview from certain AAU programs and area.

6 Likes

I agree he was robbed. I’m pretty sure the reporter who left Mike off the 1st team was Caulton Tudor. He died a few years ago so he won’t be requesting any interviews.

4 Likes

“I know a lot about Reece Beekman and Virginia. I know Coach Tony Bennett is from Wisconsin and Reece played in our program so I’ve always looked up to him. My coaches have always kept me under Reece’s wing and told me to watch what he does. I also know that Coach Bennett is a great coach and they win.”

15 Likes

Any relation to Melo?

no. Melo is from the DMV. Seth is from Wisco. I thought the same thing tho at first.

2 Likes

Coach Bennett is there today in Richmond. Getting a look at most of the state’s best 2022s and 2023s.

https://twitter.com/jwherron10/status/1316452992577658885

6 Likes
6 Likes

I see Taylor, Epps, Hand, Nickel and Billups…anyone else on that list we might be interested in…

1 Like