2022 Recruiting Scenarios

Noticeable that he makes the simple play: next pass, move the ball, etc. … good fit

I like Nickel but I like Taylor more. Also like the upside of Billups even if his shot isn’t at the same place as the other two at this point.

1 Like

I tend to agree with this, hopefully we will have lots of shooters on the team in 22 and going fwd. Carson, Trey, Taine, Reece. If we are fortunate enough to land Keels and/or McKneely and Taylor that’s a lot of guys that can shoot it. What I don’t see is many defensive stoppers on the wing. Billups is a long 6’7 I think and could possibly fit that bill.

1 Like

Highlights of Billups recently. Im more of a fan of Cam Whitmore but I have no idea if Virginia has ever landed a recruit from the Baltimore area.

1 Like

Might as well post Donald Hand Jr’s highlights as well. I think all of the 2022 prospects are on Team Loaded except for Justin Taylor who was before switching over to Team Takeover (if im not mistaken).

1 Like

I say Cam Whitmore above because Hoozgotnext mentioned him in his recruiting recap as being someone the rankings haven’t caught up to and Tugard said he was someone who impressed him so I went searching for any film (sparse on youtube)

1 Like

Is Whitmore more of a guard or 3/4? Certainly looks like a very good player. The thing I like about Billups is he seems to still be growing. Could end up as a shooting guard with a 7’+ wingspan or he could transition to a combo forward in college like Dre and Trey Murphy.

Whitmore is listed at 6’6 but a Maryland 247 article lists him as now around 6’8 and still growing.

one of these tall guard 3/4 types

1 Like

UVa hasn’t offered Tyler Nickel, correct?

Mike Schumann @ The Daily Hoosier
@daily_hoosier

7h

Just had a good chat with #iubb’s latest offer recipient, 2022 wing Tyler Nickel. It sounds like the staff didn’t want to hesitate with offering after what they saw watching some live streams. More to come…

Correct, nor any other 22s

Kids blowing up. Doubt everyone has gotten it that wrong.

The logo is from WV. He was pretty ok.

1 Like

Yes, he was great, for sure.

Sometimes players are highly-recruited even if they’re not great players, because of their grades, or because of the kind of people they are, and there’s nothing wrong with that, of course. :slight_smile:

Is Tyler athletic enough for the ACC? Has good handles for his size but doesn’t appear to blow by anyone.

I remember reading a lot of posts like this about Ty Jerome a few years ago …

In other words does he have the IT factor?

Not really athletic but he doesn’t need to be since his play style is shooting the open 3 and using his big frame to bully people. Has gotten away with it so far but we will see in D1 ball. Reminds me of a Joe Harris/Sam Hauser at Marquette hybrid.

1 Like

Austin Nunez picked up a CB from the Texas 247 guy last night.

Texas writer says it’s not that a commitment is imminent but he feels good where Texas is positioned right now that they will be in his top 2-3 down the line. Seems to use crystal balls to show where Texas is in the recruitment rather than predict a commit, which I actually like.

2 Likes

TX A&M guy has put one in as well.

Might just be going with the flow. The Texas writer is clear in saying he doesn’t expect a commitment anytime soon. Just that Shaka has connected really well with Nunez which is true.