2022 Recruiting

“Fatts” has a very good all-around game. Was looking forward to seeing his development this summer, which during “normal” times would have given an indication on his ultimate offer “level”.

2 Likes

Zirkle @zblakey has been scouting Virginia’s best since before most of us were born. How tall do you think Billups is? Seen everything from 6’4 to 6’7.

Started in the ‘70s so I’m officially ancient. No internet, computers, or video. Lots of in person evaluation Anyone here heard of the B/C or 5-star camps? Didn’t think so. Lol. First met Bob Gibbons 40 years ago.
Back to Billups I’d say a solid 6’5. Love his game. Versatile!!

6 Likes

Do the words “Coraopolis, PA” ring a bell?

1 Like

I remember 5 Star well. Garf brought all the best players together before EYBL or any other sneaker-money funded AAU circuit. One of my high school teammates – Johnny Newman – attended 5 Star in the summer of '81.

1 Like

Korey Richardson has mentioned UVA a lot, will be reclassifying back to 2022. As always in these cases, could undo it later. Guard from South Carolina.

https://twitter.com/Kowitdabutter23/status/1266543525774098432

4 Likes

Does this reclass make him more of a Virginia target?

Quick look, at least one site indicates that he has a Virginia offer. This young man states that VT has been talking to him daily and pushing for him.

1 Like

I’m not HGN but my guess is it would have a lot to do with how the 21 class ends up. Virginia doesn’t put out a lot of offers like some schools do so I would doubt they have made him a offer yet but they are staying in touch with him… The extra year is probably going to help him a lot.

1 Like

No it doesn’t matter. The coaches that really want him will read this as…Oh he’s willing to redshirt, nice! I guess it gives him flexibility. UVA hasn’t offered. They’ve barely seen him as far as I know.

1 Like

First ACC offer for DJ Hand

1 Like

I’m sure we are watching him .Has anyone offered Jayden Epps?

First post I see on Twitter where Clemson offered him also. Another ACC school has also offered him. Dont know who it is yet. My bet is Va Tech

Clemson, NC St and Tech are the acc schools to have offered Epps so far

1 Like

Thanks, the post said Clemson and another ACC school had offered him. What you say makes sense to me

Section in today’s Rivals article on Hand. Jr.

A big guard (6’5", maybe pushing 6’6"), I have been impressed with Hand’s overall game and versatility. He is a dangerous shooter from deep, he passes extremely well and he plays with excellent pace and overall feel for the game. That kind of size and skill catches your attention and knowing that he’s got great bloodlines – his father played point guard at Virginia-- it’s hard to imagine he won’t continue to develop.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/starting-five-arizona-s-direction-five-star-commitment-watch

5 Likes

That description just screams perfect Virginia fit, even before considering the family aspect.

2 Likes

I can’t wait for your in depth 2022 review after we lock down Trevor and Efton :slight_smile:

So many kids in our back yard and with natural ties. Going to be interesting who is a fit and need.

6 Likes

New Rivals 2022 rankings. 36. Dug McDaniel PG, 48. Jayden Epps PG, 53. Justin Taylor SF, 56. Noah Batchelor SF, 76. Tyler Nickel SF, 87. Donald Hand, Jr. PG & 147 Alphonso Phillips SG.

6 Likes

Seem low on Billups, but not sure how much they’ve seen of him. I bet he blows up when scouts lock in on 2022’s.

7 Virginians in the 150. Spread out too, four area codes.

3 Likes