2022 Selection Sunday Discussion Thread

Agee with this. Iowa should definitely be higher than a 5 after winning the BIG tourney. Sorta did VT a favor keeping them out of the 8/9 game though.

2 Likes
1 Like

The rare situation where the first team out lost to the final bid thief in the conference tournament. Dayton canā€™t blame anyone else.

They lost a home game

My takeaways from the bubble and even seeding seems to be 1) Good wins far outweigh bad losses, and they absolutely go deeper than quadrants, beating highly ranked teams is a separator. And 2) When it happens means almost nothing. Nov wins are treated the same as this weekā€™s.

3 Likes

My unlikely prediction is that I do think VT beats Texas. Moreso because I am not high on texas at all. Not really athletic. No strong 3pt shootiing consistency from the games ive watched.

3 Likes

November wins and March Wiand are different. Especially in the age of the transfer portal where teams need to hell and play together. Wake not getting in is a joke. The NCAA committee needs a revamp in my opinion. They are a step slow and look like they are justifying instead of rewarding teams.

4 Likes

Why those obsessing over the net were dead wrong and why the one point losses to fsu and iowa at home sting so much.

3 Likes

Said a mountain right there.

3 Likes

Says NIT selection is 9PM ET on ESPNU

FSU Iowa Wake Forest JMU Duke (at home) VT (on the road). All within grasp.

5 Likes

Gives me even more confidence that this is our absolute floor under Tony. Iā€™d bet a large amount of money weā€™ll never have less talent while heā€™s still here. Starts with a 4-6 seed next year then a title run the next. Thatā€™s my guess

4 Likes

Acc needs to go to an 18 game schedule and have a bye week in late January

To play 2 games against non conference teams. That way those non conference games can be played once our teams have gotten more cohesive and better.

14 Likes

If nothing else, itā€™s taught me to stop laughing when other ACC schools drop a OOC game in Nov/Dec that they should win, because it hurts the whole league for the rest of the season. And rather than cheering against UNC & Duke when they play big OOC games, itā€™s much better if they win them.

5 Likes

Actually agreeing with Dave here. If the ACC is going to be continually weak. We need to play more big time teams in out of conference.

2 Likes

Agree with you, but I donā€™t think they will happen.

At least we have the tournament in Vegas in November for next years team for good OOC games

4 Likes

Need Reece to thread the needle of being a first team All America in college but not in the NBA for that to happen. That being said Jim Calhoun won his national titles the year after, 2 years after, and 3 years after NIT appearances. The turnaround can be quick.

2 Likes

Bad form by the NFL on the timing of this. Itā€™s usurping the bracket discussion on sports radio. Disrespectful to the NCAA and bad PR etiquette. Wait until tomorrow to announce. Stay classy San Diego.

3 Likes

At minimum move the Big Ten Challenge to January as the Big12/SEC challenge is. Or have two challenges like the Big12 doesā€¦ As part of this whole nebulous ā€œallianceā€ thing.

2 Likes