2023-2024 College Football

Punters celebrating always makes me smile. Shout our @CavTex

1 Like

That might have been one of the smartest PIs I’ve seen a player make. The DB gave up the catch but I almost guarantee he prevented a TD

https://x.com/MSU_Football/status/1728477761935938013?s=20

Handwriting was on the wall with this one the past couple of days. Tough break for Oregon State fans, guy is an alum and ran a rock solid ship there. I’d imagine Dook fans are breathing a slight sigh of relief that Elko didn’t jump at this one, but they still gotta sweat through the A&M opening (seems like at the moment he’s a backup option though).

2 Likes

Yea looking at some of his quotes last night after the Civil War this felt inevitable. I agree tough break for the Beavers he built something solid there but also likely reached his peak and with the conference exploding etc. Now was the right time.

1 Like

Uploading: IMG_4424.png…

I’m gonna be pissed if the ACC hosed us against Louisville to keep them a worthy foe for FSU, only for them to get punked by Kentucky.

Edit - I will say, the end of this game has been a banger so far.

Edit2 - Louisville going for 8 yard passes up the middle over and over is not going to get the job done, imo.

1 Like

Michigan leaning on their OL and running the ball down the throat of Ohio State.

Part of me feels bad for Ryan Day, seems like a good dude and if this one doesn’t go his way the vast majority of Buckeye fans will be calling for his throat. Crazy how a 90% win percentage still might not be enough, the level of expectation at the top of college football is at insane heights nowadays.

2 Likes

Yup like I said last night James Franklin may be the worst best coach ever. Everyone calling for his head despite back-to-back 10 win seasons.

The toughest job in sports is the HC of a top tier college football program

WOW insane ending happening in the Iron Bowl. How does the Bama WR get in single coverage like that?

2 Likes

Iron Bowl always finds a way to deliver

1 Like

Did 17 get his foot down on that last ‘catch’?

1 Like

Georgia tech going for the score before half time. We would have taken the knee 40 seconds ago

2 Likes

Been reading about Bronco going back to his alma mater. We’ll see about that I guess. Sounds to me more like a Bronco wish and not an OSU target, but it could make sense with the uncertainty around OSU’s future.

1 Like

Has the muddle huddle ever worked in the history of football?

Bronco has great PR folks that get his name into seemingly all types of interesting coaching sesrches. Yet somehow returning to his rutterless OrSt feels very on brand for him so I’ll give it a maybe?!?possible?

Not as good as Mack Brown’s. That dude has done less with more since anyone….ever. He sucks. And F Carolina.

Macks gotta be out after the complete collapse of the Tarheels this season.

https://twitter.com/247sports/status/1728619370170233200?s=46&t=IIkkMqQ8qIBkUJTInsw88Q

Huh. Love Stoops as a coach but this feels like a terrible match for both sides. A&M fans are already underwhelmed by this hire and I just don’t see how he ever lives up to their lofty expectations.

2 Likes

I bet Dook fans are ecstatic though lol. Will revisit them next year to see how Elko is holding up, they’re gonna have to replace a lot of upperclassmen from their two deep.

2 Likes

Don’t have a tweet for it but Mississippi State hired Jeff Lebby, OC from Oklahoma. Young guy from a good coaching tree, OU fans seemed to love his scheme but thought his playcalling was hit or miss.

Lots of shakeup happening in the middle of the SEC.

1 Like