2023 ACC Football Offseason & Coaching Carousel

Would be good if he can help us land some of the quality OL prospects that come out of Woodberry Forest. Stanford has cleaned up there over the past 5-10 years.

8 Likes

Glad that’s finally official. Stanfords oline is not what it was 5 or 10 yrs ago but generally it’s solid. A big part of the dip has been due to increased obstacles in recruiting. It’ll be interesting to see how lessons learned there translate to UVa

10 Likes

Given the fact that Jackson Matteo is the head coach at woodberry, not sure why we struggle there. Perhaps bronco wasn’t prioritizing it.

2 Likes

Bronco probably figured he couldn’t ride his horse there sohe bailed on it

1 Like

https://www.si.com/fannation/college/cfb-hq/ncaa-football/college-football-transfer-portal-rules-ncaa-change

1 Like

This should make early career transfers even more desirable than high school recruits. An incoming transfer won’t leave after a season like a high school recruit can.

3 Likes

I’d bw curious to see the numbers on the multiple transfers. Out of those 2k players in the portal what percentage are we talking about? The Daniels example I get that kid has jumped all over. Bennett at Uga has a cple as well granted he had a juco stop in there.

Feels like these rules are always written with just the high profile star-ish player in mind, when I would guess most of the athletes who transfer are the end of the roster guys that could benefit from transferring to find their right level. I know in basketball, when people have looked at transfer data, most transfers are down-transfers or leaving D1 all-together. Is football different?

2 Likes

Don’t have the data but my gut tells me you are correct. The QB thing has become an interesting wrinkle in college ball with guys seeking and earning immediate playing time but they are still a small portion of the transfers.

At first swipe I’m okay with the rule because i think it’s generally a non-factor for the majority of transfers.

1 Like

Jake Garcia to Uva???

I sure wish. Man that would be an amazing get

2 Likes

Another Saban rehab project sucess story

1 Like

I’m sure Bama fans aren’t too upset over O’Brien leaving. There was a lot of hand wringing over his playcalling this past season. Ironically though Pats fans seems very happy about his return, guess they weren’t enjoying having a DC calling plays for them.

1 Like

True, I don’t think anyone in Bama world is too upset by this. Will he actually be allowed to call plays for the Pats? Or they still going to use a committee or whatever?

I’m guessing it’s gonna be O’Brien calling plays. He’s apparently also gonna be the QB coach which means that Joe Judge is likely gone, so the committee experiment that Belichick tried seems to be over.

1 Like

Makes sense. Maybe O’Brien can reignite Mac Jones… Also Belichick a great example when all that quirk becomes annoying and problematic when you’re not winning.

He’s certainly lost some of his esteem ever since Brady left. There is a rumor floating around that Tom might be headed back to NE, he’s a big advocate for O’Brien as a coach.

2 Likes

Feels like a bit of a longshot as long as Belichick is still there, but given his relationship with Kraft and his rumored desire to move into ownership in some way NE seems like as likely of a path as any.

2 Likes

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/college/acc/university-of-miami/article271237522.html

Now this is the type of coaching news that has to make you worried as a fan. Firing your OC in January?!?!