2023 NCAA Tournament Thread

Big12 still has a chance to look pretty good. It just turns out they have some good teams and not 12 final 4 contenders like the silly headlines from 6 or so weeks ago. (Tbh, I think Kansas goes through with a healthy Self).

Indiana still interesting for the Big Ten. But yeah, that whole conference needs an identity makeover… (cue off-season headlines about them buying Duke, UNC, the LA Clippers, and Panathanikos)

2 Likes

Should be a pretty good ending coming in this KY - K State game

Fun stuff. Massoud (wake xfer, @Marktykobe protege, I think) with a 3. Keyontae Johnson three (what a story) and all of it with K States center with his shoe half on

1 Like

Should be a fun BBN meltdown on whatever message board.

13 Likes

Anyone see that K State lineup out of the baseline? Kind of interesting

6 Likes

Antonio Reeves is surely today’s “Got Variance?” player: 41% for the year from 3, today 0-for-9 (with 0-for-5 from 2 to add to the misery).

1 Like

I liked that out of bounds play

2 Likes

Is this the earliest blue blood bow out in a while? No blue bloods in Sweet 16, unless you count UCLA.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/SethPartnow/status/1637561800672641025

5 Likes

#FireCalipari

https://twitter.com/KyleTucker_ATH/status/1637563175980630016?s=20

4 Likes

Rupp rafters wont even load

9 Likes

Big 12 doing all right

https://twitter.com/imPULSEivity/status/1637565646467629056?s=20

2 Likes

To be fair i was overreacting when kentucky was up like 6-2 to begin the game

5 Likes

I like MSU’s defensive gameplan so far, they’ve bottled up all the ball-screen stuff. Marquette hasn’t taken a good shot yet.

1 Like

Yeah, KState, Texas, and maybe Baylor. If the big 12 has three through that’s not bad at all.

Edit: forgot TCU. They have a fighting chance against Gonzaga.

3 Likes

“Izzo only brings a guy with two first half fouls back into the game 3% of the time.”

Broadcast of Michigan State - Marquette game

3 Likes

If MSU and St Mary’s knock off Marquette and UConn, there won’t even be enough of my bracket left to cremate it.

3 Likes

Shaka Smart’s in-huddle breathing exercise….

2 Likes

I was going to say that maybe we should try that but it’s sure not working too good now

1 Like

So, I entered a bunch of brackets into ESPN’s system.

Interesting, the two that are doing by far the best (both 98th percentile results) are the “Chalk” bracket which is literally just the top seeds winning every time, and the “KenPom” bracket which is just the higher-rated KenPom team (as of pre-tournament) winning every match. I regret not also doing a BartTovrik bracket but I suspect it wouldn’t be very different.

Distant third at 77th percentile is daughter Rose, I’m 52nd percentile and the other family members are, um, pretty far behind as are most of the other brackets we put together. My wife picking a title game of UVA vs VCU is to be commended for her loyalty, but not her final score.

2 Likes

I find this interesting on the offense vs. defense debate.

Marquette has gone down, and Baylor and UConn are in tight contests.

1 Like