2023 Off-Season Basketball - Outside UVa

I love that quote. Ham is great. I wonder how FSU fans feel about it though. Are they ready to move on, worried that having a 75yo coach hurts recruiting, or that Ham will refuse to step down even as his teams decline? Or are they happy for him to try to get things back on track before retirement?

3 Likes

My favorite coach in the conference outside of CTB.

75 and looks 50.

5 Likes

Big East? Hilarious.

1 Like

I think Power is #12. Doesnā€™t really look like he belongs out there if Iā€™m being honest.

2 Likes

Is powers game going to be the type that pops on a scrimmage highlight package? My recollection suggests no

Trying to understand this statement. I think youā€™d be able to get a sense of his immediate ability to contribute.

The problem is that his game does pop in this video, negatively. Heā€™s getting out-quicked, out-jumped, out-hustled, and generally out-athleted. My guess is that Scheyer thinks Power is more of a piece for the out years. I think the extent to which he gets PT this year will depend on (1) to what extent Duke needs a guy to be able to space the floor, (2) to what extent Power can space the floor, and (3) to what extent Powerā€™s replacement wouldnā€™t be better at everything other than shooting and moving the ball.

Hard to get a read on 1 or 2 from this video, but ā€œyikesā€ on #3 (but itā€™s early).

Also, #21 - Reeves, hasnā€™t been on my radar. He looks like he might be a serviceable big by the end of the year?

3 Likes

All I can glean is that he canā€™t play defense so heā€™s not going to play much this year (nor would he had at UVA)

1 Like

Yeah, not to read too much into one video (maybe heā€™s under the weather, maybe he turned an ankle, blah blah blah), but I donā€™t remember his defense being such a negative from the AAU stuff. But if I remember right, his team played a lot of zone.

2 Likes

I would have expected his offense to look better. He missed a good look from 3 and got swatted on some mid range floater thing. He didnā€™t look like he belonged amongst those dudes.

The issue with Power is heā€™s older than a lot of those dudes.

1 Like

If he can shoot the three and keep the ball moving that sounds like exactly the piece Duke needs. If he had those things and was super athletic he would be a top-5 recruit and not top-25.

1 Like

Maybe they dont like him because he never got the ball in the minute thirty I watched

Then I realised someone here made me watch Duke preseason pick up ball in awful uniforms that are contrived and perfectly clean so I exited quickly

10 Likes

I watched about a minuteā€¦ and then I realized I was watching a D*ke scrimmage and washed my eyes out. How dare you post that here.

12 Likes

Imagine if we had 10 minutes of uva scrimmage footage

19 Likes

Probably the same chance of 10 mins of footage of unicorns, dragons, godzilla, king kong, and bigfoot scrimmaging

4 Likes

Veritable Einhorn is Finkle Finkle is Einhorn moment for me as well Vandy

2 Likes

Give it 15 years

We need to do this with Kentuckyā€¦.

4 Likes

Pretty sure weā€™ve tried, and even gotten close, but donā€™t think UK wants any part of it.

1 Like