2023 Off-Season Basketball - Outside UVa

Kalkbrenner returning to Creighton

3 Likes

The more German the name, the better for Creighton.

1 Like

Seen a lot of talk about this last few weeks. Rob Dauster (notable UConn fan on twitter) has been vocal about how he hates this idea and how UConn, which is shit at football, is prioritizing football over basketball especially after winning a national title. Money talks.

Big 12 and ACC have been mentioned

1 Like

ACC has been connected to UConn and Memphis in the past week from what I’ve seen. I wonder if they’re planning on taking some of these programs from G-5’s in preparation for the top of the conference leaving for the Power 2 potentially in a couple years.

1 Like

is the acc going to kill another north east premier program?

2 Likes

It’s incredibly dumb and annoying, and what’s really irritating is that they made the same dumb mistake several years ago, and they finally made it back to the Big East, and they won a natty, and now they are apparently considering doing it again.

Really hoping it’s just a “listening to offers” or negotiation strategy, not something they’d seriously consider.

2 Likes

The chatter I saw was B12 was talking to Gonzaga and UConn. Was unclear if they were only interested in UConn b-ball (and not football)

Trey Alexander back for them as well. Creighton is pretty loaded. Losing Kaluma is huge though but maybe that means more minutes for Traudt. I did see Creightakes projected him as a backup next year

2 Likes

uva has an elite level point guard and a big wing who is getting lottery buzz along with a great looking supporting cast, the time to win is now.

4 Likes

I really like Cuse’s roster for next year, but I’m also a sucker for frosh–>soph leaps. Red Autry obviously has a lot to prove, too.

Conversely, this Kansas lineup is getting way too much hype. Where are the NBA draft picks? Maybe Elmarko, but probably not OAD.

Cuse will get a chance to knock off Kansas and/or Purdue and/or Marquette in Maui. Should be fun. (edit - and/or the Vols; and/or the Zags. Fun field! Imagine if Cuse won that? … plot twist, am I a Cuse fan now that Boeheim is gone… hmm…)

Damn, I’m already psyched for 23-24 college hoops! Stream the damn Blue White game! LFG!

3 Likes

This is the name I was sorta hoping would turn up for UVA’s opening. Luke Barnwell, young coach at Sunrise Christian.

4 Likes

Is that @haney as a 3rd year at a toga party?

7 Likes

Cuse gives me 2022-23 FSU vibes. Roster looks talented but they played like crap the year before, and there were also some extenuating circumstances that could allow for some optimistic views on how they’ll do the following season. Also Naheem McLeod will have been on both teams.

1 Like

And I overrated them, too! :joy:

2 Likes

I think everyone overrated FSU, Ham had earned some benefit of the doubt from stringing together a couple of S16s and an E8 in a short period of time.

I guess with Cuse, I have a hard time figuring where they will be on defense. If they mix in more man-to-man as planned, that might be good, since they were horrible on defense last year especially with rebounding out of the zone, but it could be bad if the zone was covering up personnel deficiencies.

2 Likes

UVa is 42-7 vs. programs that left the Big East for the ACC beginning in either the 2014 and 2015 hoops seasons.

5 Likes

Honestly think not having Girard around anymore will be very good for them on the defensive side of things. I know they needed shooting, but always felt like his lack of length and size at the top of the zone really undermined what they were trying to do.

3 Likes

McKoy with the new VSabres tattoo (and UNC as well)

17 Likes

I like it.

7 Likes

He has got game

1 Like